PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life: Episode 2 Beta Testing

Pages : [1] 2

nV`andrew
06-10-06, 03:55 PM
Who got picked to test epsiode 2? I'm number 247/375.

tacos4me
06-10-06, 04:01 PM
Whaa? Where do you sign up?

grey_1
06-10-06, 04:15 PM
First I've heard about it!!:(

nV`andrew
06-10-06, 04:53 PM
it gets sent to ur steam email account, only 375 ppl are selected

nutcrackr
06-10-06, 07:09 PM
omg what a lucky mofo :mad:

grey_1
06-10-06, 07:13 PM
omg what a lucky mofo :mad:
This would have been sweet...

Rayman1968
06-10-06, 07:55 PM
Jesus Christ guys, it's a scam to get your username and password. Look here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448295).

Andrew, I hope you didn't give this info out.

grey_1
06-10-06, 08:04 PM
Another link, read the bottom post,

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=267303

nutcrackr
06-11-06, 12:04 AM
lol andrew got pwned :(

Lfctony
06-11-06, 12:10 AM
Andrew, change your password ASAP! Maybe there's still time. Infact, change the frigging email address you are using as well. Hurry!!!

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 01:17 AM
holy crap dudes thanks for finding that il lchange it now omg its probably too late grrrr

thanks again

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 01:19 AM
oh god. its too late, my password has changed. holy ****. wtf do i do

kev13dd
06-11-06, 01:19 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

At least you can feel special that your e-mail address was at least picked to be scammed. Not everyone gets scammed

K

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 01:44 AM
lol well i was so mad cuz im in cal and stuff and htey got my account, but im contacting steam now cuz i read the ''if ur steam account was hijacked'' stuff. lo land the day before i got the message, my leader posted that an email is gonig around to all CAL members. god i cant believe i forgot that

CaptNKILL
06-11-06, 02:28 AM
Wow that really sucks dude. Hope they get it all worked out.

kev13dd
06-11-06, 02:32 AM
lol well i was so mad cuz im in cal and stuff and htey got my account, but im contacting steam now cuz i read the ''if ur steam account was hijacked'' stuff. lo land the day before i got the message, my leader posted that an email is gonig around to all CAL members. god i cant believe i forgot that
So did you vote "no" in the poll?

K

Lfctony
06-11-06, 02:42 AM
I'm guessing the account will be cancelled or Andrew will be asked to use a new pass/email for a small fee. $10 i think, that's what it is if you loose your password.

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 02:54 AM
Steam got my support email, so hopefully tihs will be settled out soon. They are a bunch of scams going around, and steam knows about all of them, and i took pics of my retail copy and of my hf2, css cd-key and included them in my steam question thing. rofl, i am a retard. and thanks captn for the condolences :D source has been my favorite game lately...

Sazar
06-11-06, 10:25 AM
/me slaps nv'andrew for gloating

/me feels sad for nv'andrew and the issue

/me stops slapping

:(

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 11:35 AM
heh, i finally got my account back. im quite suprised how well steam handled the situation. i did the ask a question thing, attached a photo of my retail copy and my cd-key, told them what happened, and hey recieved my reply. then i replied to them to confirm my question, and then i waited a ocuple hours and went to sleep and now i recieved my new password, which i put in and changed. and now i will go play source!!! :) though steam isnt the best for game management/updates and stuff, i admit they handled this problem well. in the first place, i must also thank you guys that pointed it out, or my account would have been sold and then cancelled.

thanks guys, i <3 u all!!!! :kiss:

:barf:

EDIT: Someone voted: i like gib, and YES, i did get picked?

Come on you lucky one, reveal yourself! :D

CaptNKILL
06-11-06, 11:59 AM
Good to see they resolved it so quickly :)

After hearing about this and after the experience I recently had with Steam customer support, I really think they are doing a fantastic job.

Rakeesh
06-11-06, 02:06 PM
Right when any message you ever get from anybody anywhere ever asks for a password, you should know immediately that its a scam. That is pretty much a golden common sense rule.

And not to mention that most people who do these phishing scams have ****ty grammar and can't speak english worth a damn. Look at the way it is written: "if you would like to take us up in this offer." Nevermind misspelling the word "trial."

Common sense should also tell you that valve already has full access to your account as well, so why would they ever need your password?

CaptNKILL
06-11-06, 02:13 PM
Right when any message you ever get from anybody anywhere ever asks for a password, you should know immediately that its a scam. That is pretty much a golden common sense rule.

And not to mention that most people who do these phishing scams have ****ty grammar and can't speak english worth a damn. Look at the way it is written: "if you would like to take us up in this offer." Nevermind misspelling the word "trial."

Common sense should also tell you that valve already has full access to your account as well, so why would they ever need your password?
Yep, gotta agree here.

Hopefully you learn from this mistake! :p

|MaguS|
06-11-06, 02:28 PM
I just picked the first option that said "I like gib", Didn't even really read this post or thread... :o

nV`andrew
06-11-06, 04:18 PM
ah. yeah ididnt look at it close enough, i later saw they spelled trial wrong and that the email was yahoo. lol...