PDA

View Full Version : MY LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW Model: 1633S is showing as FO2278N CAQ325M SCSI CdROM Device???

Digital_Trans
06-11-06, 02:46 AM
Okay, I need your guys help on this one. The most odd thing has happened to my Lite-On Technologies DVDRW Drive Model: SOHW-1633S It won't run CD's DVD's load games from the play disc. in Windows XP x64 under device manager the drive is showing as FO2278N CAQ325M SCSI CdROM Device. I don't know how it could and why it would. I never flashed it for a firmware update. Last week it worked perfectly! Why is this happening? Anyway, after this happened I went to LITE-ON'S website to get a firmware update. When trying to run the firmware update it says the following error message. No matched drive detected. This utility is only for LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S Drive. Detected drives: 2-0-0-0 K:FO2278N 2.0B :(

I've attached screen shots of the problems. Last but, least maybe it's something in the bios that needs ajusted I'm not sure at this point.

john19055
06-11-06, 07:16 AM
You might try to uninstall it ,and reboot and see if windows detects the right drive .I bought a new Lite-on drive and had problems with it ,I fineally just had to sent it back and bought a samsung DVD SH-S162L and it works perfect with no problems and for $39 it hard to beat the price.

Digital_Trans
06-11-06, 11:06 AM
Update: I took the drive out of my computer that has WinXP x64 OS and put it in my girl friend's computer and updated the firmware with no problems. Her computer runs WinXP Pro 32-Bit version. After all that, I took the drive out and put it back into my computer case and went into the bios. The Asus Bios detects it and so does Window XP x64 But it's showing two drives and I only have one. Also, I still can't use the drive in Windows XP x64 to load anything from a CD. I can open and close the drive and it isn't broken at all. I sure wish I knew what the hell was going on with my setup. :thumbdwn:
Any suggestions?

Picture attachment inclosed-

Digital_Trans
06-11-06, 11:55 AM
Update: 2

Okay, I fixed everything! :D The program Alcohol 120% creates a virtual rom drive which is cool and didn't cause my problem. What caused the problem is a program called Tweak UI x64 version. I unchecked the DVD-Rom Drive which in turn would display normally in my computer or in the device manager. Problem corrected! :) Thanks for all your efforts in trying to help me. ;)