PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard in question???

emaan
06-12-06, 05:24 PM
WEll i have recently bought a new pc with a 7600gt! It's workin quite fine! But i have given my old pc to my cousin,who's quite into games! He wants to buy Geforce 6200a agp 8x! Well the problem is, the pc i have given him,is a intel pentium 3 with intel d815 motherboard agp4x/2x model 6515wu.......now i dont know if Nvidia 6 series cards,in this case geforce 6200a agp 8x,work on this motherboard! Kindly,reply to my post,n let me know if the above mentioned agp card works on d815 motherboard! If not what would b the next best choice! Will an ati radeon 9550 128 bit work? I think 6200a is a very good card at such a low price....so kindly let me know if it will work or not?

N how do i find out if my motherboard has AGP 1.5 version or not?

ViN86
06-12-06, 10:04 PM
yea, the 6200 will work with that motherboard. AGP 8x cards are backwards compatible with 4x systems (but be careful, cause theyre not always compatible with 2x systems). as long as he runs his AGP slot at 4x, it will work fine. tbh, he wont even notice that much of a performance hit. probably on the order of 1%, which is barely anything.

oh, btw, try using periods ( . ) when you end your sentences so it doesnt seem like youre excited about everything you say. unless you really are, then go ahead ;) :lol: :D

emaan
06-12-06, 11:54 PM
yea, the 6200 will work with that motherboard. AGP 8x cards are backwards compatible with 4x systems (but be careful, cause theyre not always compatible with 2x systems). as long as he runs his AGP slot at 4x, it will work fine. tbh, he wont even notice that much of a performance hit. probably on the order of 1%, which is barely anything.

oh, btw, try using periods ( . ) when you end your sentences so it doesnt seem like youre excited about everything you say. unless you really are, then go ahead ;) :lol: :D

Well,how abt buying an ATI Radeon 9550 128 bit card for D815 motherboard? Can this motheroard deal with 128 memory bandwith cards? Cuz the 6200a has 64bit DDR2(i dont even know if D815 supports DDR2),n 9550 has 128 bit;i guess the latter will perform better on the above mentioned system at 4x.:)

watever
06-13-06, 04:06 AM
geez.. how many threads are u gonna make for this question?