PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2: Episode 1

Bearclaw
06-13-06, 12:26 AM
I recently have been getting into online multiplayer gaming. It happened when I built my first rig (In specs below) and ever since then I have been excited about it. I purchased Doom 3 which I personally thought the game was kind of boring and repetitive but the mulitplayer was very fun. I went into gamestop over the weekend looking for another fun multiplayer game and foudn ymself upon Half-Life 2: Episode 1. I don't know anything about it but heard that the multiplayer was fun so I picked it up. Plus, it was only 20 bucks. All I can say, is that that game is addicting. I have yet to play single player and I doubt I will unless I purchase Half-Life 1 (I heard I will be totally lost if I don't play that first) but for now I am veyr happy with the multiplayer. Does anyone else play Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Deathmatch? If so, how long have you been playing, what are your favorite multiplayer levels, etc.

rewt
06-13-06, 07:07 AM
I have yet to play single player and I doubt I will unless I purchase Half-Life 1 (I heard I will be totally lost if I don't play that first) but for now I am veyr happy with the multiplayer.

You seem to be a little bit confused.

Half-Life 2: Episode One is the first sequel to Half-Life 2. It is not actually the first version of Half-Life 2. ;)

If you want the full story behind Half-Life, you'll need to play;

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch actually came free to purchasers of the original Half-Life 2 (or in your case purchasers of Half-Life 2: Episode One). I don't believe there exists a Half-Life 2: Episode One Deathmatch.

|MaguS|
06-13-06, 07:13 AM
Yeah, it will take awhile to catch up!, lol

HL2: DM is fun but the mods are better, CTF is a blast and DOD:S just kicks ass!

rewt
06-13-06, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't play Half-Life 2: Episode One (single player) without playing Half-Life and Half-Life 2 first. Would be totally lost and not have a good idea of the storyline or who all the other main characters are.

K007
06-13-06, 07:18 AM
Only reason i got HL2 was for CS:S...right now my Steam folder is over 8GB..deleted everything i wont need and only CS:S needs...i really wish steam wouldn't be so crap sometimes.

flukester
06-13-06, 12:42 PM
HL2 = CHEATS

Single player was ok, but outside of that. Source is a complete drag.

I play UT2k4. Better community, far less cheating and you don't need to know special moves to be considered good. UT2k4 netcode also kicks the living daylights out of HL2 DM. The most laggy crap I ever had the misfortune of playing. I didn't get Episode 1 since it's all made up bullcrap anyhow.

I got Sin, it was decent(gfx good, story questionable) but at $20 a shot.. lmfao, the next one will need to have MP to make it worth it. I finished Sin in like 3 hours! I felt seriously ripped off considering there was no MP and they say like 5-6 hours of playtime! Talk about false advertising :(

edit.
Just to add, before you go into 'denial of cheats' like lots of other HL2 players give me a holler on PM's and I'll give you a link to a set of hacks and cheats for HL2 (all undetected). VAC does nothing. For those who don't like the cheats avail, some even make money off making custom ones for you. Yep, ultimate sad cases. But again, no worries because VAC will do nothing. I know, I've tried out countless cheats just to see for myself what they were and how much the benefitted a player. That's when I left HL2 'forever'. HL1 was cheat infested and HL2 is no better and actually far worse. Here's a few samples for you. Well, actually one is of BF2...another game I don't bother playing. And yes, the CSS hacks work for anything Source.

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cssrelease2dv.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bf2menu2ae.jpg

|MaguS|
06-13-06, 01:01 PM
Every online game has cheats... you just have to be smart and play where cheaters get abused and caught. Find a server with active admins and a tight community and cheaters will never be a problem.

To complain about cheating in an online FPS shows the lack of experiance you have... I remember back when Q1 was popular and people ran around with god mode hacks... just leave the server and join another... Q2 though didn't see many hacks if you played good mods. WF!

Rakeesh
06-13-06, 01:11 PM
I play UT2k4. Better community, far less cheating and you don't need to know special moves to be considered good. UT2k4 netcode also kicks the living daylights out of HL2 DM. The most laggy crap I ever had the misfortune of playing. I didn't get Episode 1 since it's all made up bullcrap anyhow.

Yeah when it comes to multiplayer especially, source is the buggiest POS ever. I doubt we are ever going to see any decent multiplayer mods for source that'll ever take full advantage of the game engine. The games we have right now will probably be the best we'll ever see for source, and that really isn't saying a whole lot. NS:S may be an exception but I think its going to be plagued by the insane rubberbanding, lag, memory leak, and corruption issues that Source suffers very badly from in multiplayer.

CaptNKILL
06-13-06, 01:16 PM
I remember accidentally going to a "Cheating" server in CS once. It was kind of fun. If you went and downloaded a program and ran it then played on the server you could do all sorts of crazy crap. Of course most of the people used the cheats elsewhere but on this server it was just something stupid to play with. I remember the one cheat where you just held down the attack button with your knife drawn and itd teleport you to whatever you were pointing at and then the knife would swing 100 times a second. The round would start and all the people who didnt know it was a cheating server would be standing there loading up on ammo hearing this "ttttt... tink.... ttttt... TINK....TTTTT... TINK" sound coming from the people flying through the map, then before they even left the spawn they would be dead :lol:

I'd never cheat in a real game, but some of that crap is really fun to play with on the servers meant for it. Anyone who uses them in a real game is a dick. Anyone who uses them beyond a single round is an asshole. If you use them all the time, you need kicked in the balls for ruining everyone elses time :p

flukester
06-13-06, 01:30 PM
Every online game has cheats... you just have to be smart and play where cheaters get abused and caught. Find a server with active admins and a tight community and cheaters will never be a problem.

To complain about cheating in an online FPS shows the lack of experiance you have... I remember back when Q1 was popular and people ran around with god mode hacks... just leave the server and join another... Q2 though didn't see many hacks if you played good mods. WF!

I've been gaming for a long time thanks that's why I am aware and avoid the worst cheat infested games. I also don't make a habit of jumping servers or relying on admins. How do you prove in a game a player is using an aimbot? Been there done that. Half life especially.

This is the same poor advice lots will give you. "Leave server join another." The solution however is Leave the Game and find another game where the company actually give a S*it about supporting you.

Don't complain about cheats on the companies Forums cuz they will ban you and you will get flamed. Don't email Valve with it, because I have about half a dozen times to no avail. They didn't even have the courtesy to email me back. I even sent them video showing them I was on a VAC secured server. Nothing. Why??? Cuz they don't give a Sh*t, it's that simple.

Valve is a lousy company. They didn't do anything to stop cheats and they stopped a long time ago, caring about cheats, back in HL1.