PDA

View Full Version : Mobo bios flashing question....

nippyjun
06-13-06, 01:56 PM
When flashing mobo bios is it best to change all the current setting in the bios to default before flashing the new bios, or can you leave all the current overclocked setttings in place?

einstein_314
06-13-06, 02:01 PM
It's fine to leave all the settings in there. Make sure you clear your cmos after the flash though. Sometimes the old settings don't jive with the new bios and your computer won't even POST (happened to me ;)). So yeah, flash bios, clear cmos, then I'd load defaults in the bios, then tweak them to your heart's content.

CaptNKILL
06-13-06, 02:10 PM
It's fine to leave all the settings in there. Make sure you clear your cmos after the flash though. Sometimes the old settings don't jive with the new bios and your computer won't even POST (happened to me ;)). So yeah, flash bios, clear cmos, then I'd load defaults in the bios, then tweak them to your heart's content.
This man speaks the truth. I almost died the other day when I thought I killed my DFI board. CMOS clear fixed it though :p

nippyjun
06-13-06, 02:11 PM

Thanks.

If you did load defaults first then flashed would there be a need to clear the cmos after the flash?

CaptNKILL
06-13-06, 02:17 PM
Thanks.

If you did load defaults first then flashed would there be a need to clear the cmos after the flash?
Yeah. Most BIOS flash programs have an option to clear the CMOS after the flash. If it doesnt, just do it manually after you shut down.

nippyjun
06-13-06, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info.

rfisher983
06-23-06, 03:01 PM
also after the flash if **** is not working use one ram stick and not two to load the bios. Shut off the computer and put the other stick in