PDA

View Full Version : ASUS Motherboard No Keyboard Detected

The Bigman
06-13-06, 02:50 PM
I got a strange situation here. I got a P5N32 Deluxe Mobo and moved from A8N32 Deluxe and Kept my OS in tact.

I did an overlay to repair the OS and believe it or not, it works good. Same Chipset just differnet CPU. Removed the AMD drivers and updated all my drivers.

I got a strange thing know, i get a no keyboard detected before xp bootsup.

I didn't get this until i got into windows xp and worked around their.

Can the OS cripple me from getting into the bios or give me this error. I heard Xp takes over everything if PNP OS in on.

Like i said i didn't get the error until Windows was up and running.

Roadhog
06-13-06, 03:23 PM
theres a setting in the bios to enable the keyboard.

The Bigman
06-13-06, 04:49 PM
It should be set by defult. I boot up and get no keyboard detected. can the os turn it off or nock that out?

einstein_314
06-13-06, 04:56 PM
Windows can't change anything in the bios. You should try clearing the cmos and see if that fixes your problem. Maybe you accidentally changed something you shouldn't have? You're keyboard is USB? There should be an option to enable USB keyboards.

CaptNKILL
06-13-06, 04:59 PM
theres a setting in the bios to enable the keyboard.
:rofl

I'm not real sure about this problem. Try another keyboard. If that doesnt work either, then its most likely that theres either something stuck in the port or the port itself died (which means you'll need a new mobo or a USB keyboard).

Try uplugging the computer for a little while, clear the cmos, look for bent pins etc...

As far as I know, the OS has nothing to do with the keyboard not being detected in the bios. If you are concerned about that, unplug the hard drive and see if that changes anything.

The Bigman
06-13-06, 10:12 PM
From what i gathered XP uses the HAL which takes over full aspects of the PC from Bios. The OS can change things in bios via a virus or command.

What i think is there is a setting or something in my OS that changed this because i was getting the same error with my A8N32.

I could have a virus but not sure. I ran Norton Corprate and found only 3 which were data minor. nothing to wurry about.

The Bigman
06-18-06, 09:40 PM
I disconnected the drivees to see if i could force the motherboard to take back the bios from windows but no go. Im getting very wurried about this because i tried USB keyboard. I don't get no keyboard warning with the usb one but keyboard is dead until windows boots. i might have to reset mobo but im scared if i do and still no keyboard activity to make bios changes.

I don't like this. has anyone had this before?

DCult
06-19-06, 06:49 AM
First, to get into BIOS, you need a PS/2 keyboard if the LED's don't light when you boot up. Then, you need to enable "USB legacy support" in the BIOS. Third, you must not connect the USB keyboard via a HUB, such as a Monitor HUB, because keyboards are not recognised via HUBs prior to entering Windows. Hope that helps.

The Bigman
06-19-06, 12:28 PM
Thats just it a PS2 keyboard worked fine when setting up the board bios a raid but when i got into windows , after a few boots i noticed no keyboard detected.

Something is wrong kere.

Roadhog
06-19-06, 01:32 PM
First, to get into BIOS, you need a PS/2 keyboard if the LED's don't light when you boot up. Then, you need to enable "USB legacy support" in the BIOS. Third, you must not connect the USB keyboard via a HUB, such as a Monitor HUB, because keyboards are not recognised via HUBs prior to entering Windows. Hope that helps.

thats the setting i was talking about. :P

The Bigman
06-19-06, 05:35 PM
If you can't get into the bios with a keyboard than you screwed. I think i might have to reset bios on board than see if that works.

The Bigman
06-19-06, 08:13 PM
Well I reseted my bios and got my keyboard back. I feel good now. I don't know how it happend but i can access my bios and know updated it.

If anyone had this problem before, feel free to post about it.