PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Release Date

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
06-13-06, 08:25 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Release date confirmed
GSC Game World officially confirms the release date of the long-awaited S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Survival FPS as fixed for Q1 2007. Further release details are expected later.

Hmm.. dunno if I believe it...

Also, here is the E3 06 gameplay video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22046328/VTS_24_1.avi.html

nutcrackr
06-13-06, 08:30 PM
Q1 2007, god what a slip for a title meant to compete with HL2 and Doom 3.

grey_1
06-13-06, 09:00 PM
Hmm.. dunno if I believe it...

Also, here is the E3 06 gameplay video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/22046328/VTS_24_1.avi.html

I'd believe it. I'm just worried they may castrate the game to have a polished product by then. I'd really like to see everything this game is supposed to have been.

CaptNKILL
06-13-06, 09:10 PM
hmm...

lowdog
06-13-06, 09:22 PM
Pfffffffffffft, this game is joined at the hip to the word delay. It's vaporware man. :thumbdwn:

macatak
06-13-06, 09:23 PM
Don't know if these have been posted here yet..

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screenshots/PlayerPicList.jsp?galleryId=510

oops, just noticed they're already posted in the "S.T.A.L.K.E.R Update" thread

GamerGuyX
06-13-06, 11:45 PM
How is this a release day when there is no exact release day set?

jAkUp
06-13-06, 11:49 PM
How is this a release day when there is no exact release day set?

Use your imagination!! :D

Quickstar
06-14-06, 09:47 PM
Owned by Crysis which is scheduled for "Fall 2006". Hopefully Stalker will have intuitive quests. I don't want 80% of all quests to be "find the artifact". But then again, these are the same guys that are limiting vehicles because they "interfere with the anomalies". Who cares about anomalies! Those will be such an annoying game feature!

SH64
06-16-06, 06:12 PM
List of Stalker features :
Features :

* Levels combining closed spaces as well as enormous open areas
* Visualization optimized for hardware TnL (both FF and shading capable parts)
* Continuous level of detail technology for all the geometry
* 100 000 polygons per frame at 60 fps on average hardware
* Detailed character models (500-10 000 polys)
* Powerful skeleton-based animation allows usage of motion-capture hardware and produces smooth and realistic motion of characters
* High-speed blended animation system capable of up to infinity number of bone interpolation & modulation
* SSE/3Dnow! Technologies used for skinning and forward kinematics
* Vertex shaders used on shading capable hardware
* Detail objects (grass/small stones/etc)
* Portal-style, non-linear subdivision based visibility detection system
* Optimized for T&L hardware in the way of grouping primitives to large-size batches
* Greatly reduces overdraw - which is the main slowdown on even high-level video boards
* Usage of antiportals (aka Occluders) for occlusion culling
* Intelligent hardware state caching technology
* Both Direct and Radiosity lighting models
* Colored dynamic lights and dynamic "soft" shadows
* Character shadowing
* Intelligent light sources selection, clipping, merging
* Makes possible more than 50 dynamic lights per frame at reasonable FPS-es
* Ordinary stuff: flares, coronas, etc
* Intelligent shader subsystem
* Dynamically generated textures
* Reflections, chrome effects, etc.
* VR-Simulation engine optimized for massive payload
* High-performance collision detection allowing simultaneous motion of large number of characters in high polygonal environment
* Realistic physics simulation (ballistic, motions, fluid engine, snow, rain, explosions, etc.)
* Motion compensation scheme
* Hides many visual artifacts produced by FPS-es instability
* Particle system with real physics
* High quality HRTF 3D-sound with clipping and partial wave tracing
* "Low-penalty" & "low-delay" reaction technology (less then 1ms to start HRTF 3D Sound Source to play)

Quickstar
06-17-06, 12:42 PM
Crysis Features:

Everything

Superfly
06-17-06, 01:54 PM
Crysis Features:

Everything

grow up

Quickstar
06-17-06, 11:31 PM
grow up

Tell me. Out of all those features listed, which ones are interesting. It all looks like bull**** to me. Are any of these features new or innovating? Most of it seems vague and up for interpretation. All of these features have an adjective before them as if its new and exciting. Detail, intelligent, optimized, high quality, realistic, etc. Aren't most of these features standard (especially for a high profile game like this)?

Now these are features: http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/Graphics/

I guess after games like Doom 3, Splinter Cell, and Half-Life 2, features like "Character Shadows" and "Detail objects" just doesn't seem exciting. Don't get me wrong STALKER will be fun (in an RPG kind of way). It'll be fun because I'll just pretend that I got new computer and this cool new game called STALKER....and its 2004.

Superfly
06-18-06, 02:45 AM
pretend its 2004?! - ROFL - why dont you close your eyes and put one fingure on your nose while your at it??!!

f**kin child.

aop
06-18-06, 06:01 AM
Crysis Features:

Everything
I don't see anything about Crysis in this threads topic. So STFU and get out of this thread please.

Personally I don't wait Crysis much because it's going to be just another FPS game with some neat features. S.T.A.L.K.E.R however looks like interesting combination of FPS/RPG/Adventure genres. I can't wait for it's release and picking it up from shop.

Quickstar
06-18-06, 03:47 PM
I don't see anything about Crysis in this threads topic. So STFU and get out of this thread please.

Personally I don't wait Crysis much because it's going to be just another FPS game with some neat features. S.T.A.L.K.E.R however looks like interesting combination of FPS/RPG/Adventure genres. I can't wait for it's release and picking it up from shop.

You just described STALKER. Just another FPS game with some neat features. Have you seen STALKER's gameplay? It plays like counter-strike. And what part of STALKER is an adventure game? Oh sorry, i mentioned counter-strike which isn't STALKER and this is a STALKEr thread.

jAkUp
06-18-06, 03:49 PM
I really cannot see how Stalker compares to Counter-Strike.

I am sure they will both be great games in their own way. Crysis has some stuff that we have not seen in games FPS games, and the same for Stalker. I think the A.I. system in Stalker is very unique.

Quickstar
06-18-06, 03:57 PM
Overall, STALKER isn't like counter-strike. But the feel of how he runs, shoots, and reloads his gun feels like counter-strike. An IGN editor said their aiming system is a cross between Rainbow Six and some other game that had static crosshairs. I think counter-strike best describes that medium.

Quickstar
06-18-06, 03:59 PM
What are the differences between the radiant AI in oblivion and the AI in STALKER?

Despotes
06-18-06, 04:03 PM
Per pixel bullet placement would be something I'd love to see. Not since SOF2 have I seen that feature. :(

jAkUp
06-18-06, 04:27 PM
What are the differences between the radiant AI in oblivion and the AI in STALKER?

Its really not that different, but I meant we haven't seen that in a first person shooter.

Banko
06-18-06, 04:57 PM
Well I hope from the previews that have seen AI combat it shows that the AI is much smarter then Oblivion's POS AI.

a12ctic
06-18-06, 05:40 PM
oblivions AI was absolutly amazing, sure it wasnt as good as they claimed, but it was definatly more advanced than anything weve seen before.

Banko
06-18-06, 09:57 PM
oblivions AI was absolutly amazing, sure it wasnt as good as they claimed, but it was definatly more advanced than anything weve seen before.
How the hell was it advanced?

agentkay
06-18-06, 11:41 PM
I think Boiling Point shared some tech (AI, engine) with Stalker. The AI wasn´t great in that game, but at times quite interesting because of 8 different fractions and their relations.