Check it out.

http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7964#7964

Superfly
06-14-06, 10:07 AM
yeh, lol.

I saw this earlier today.

Peoples-Agent
06-14-06, 10:10 AM
If they are WHQL then sheesh are standards slipping, I wouldn't even install these on someones machine as a sick prank. LOL

CaptNKILL
06-14-06, 10:11 AM
Eek, arent people have a lot of problems with these?

Superfly
06-14-06, 10:17 AM
yeh dont panic NV ar'nt actually going to release a WHQL version officially.

michaelj
06-14-06, 12:00 PM
http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/nvidia/nvidia%20forceware%2091.31%20whql-2k-xp.exe

jAkUp
06-14-06, 12:17 PM
Been using these for a few days... smae as 91.31 non WHQL as expected.

RanCorX2
06-14-06, 12:36 PM
they can't whql these, they have some nasty control issues, it'd be stupid!

edit, just installed them, control panel bugs seem to be fixed (i.e. the broken control panel icon & tray icon keep re-appears bug) they are whql as well.

Eliminator
06-14-06, 06:10 PM
just another point to prove that WHQL means squat

Demigod
06-14-06, 06:22 PM
whql has noting to do with driver issues as regards control panel problems, profile issues or game render problems. Whql just makes sure it doesnt overright critical system files or cause hard or software conflicts. It is a rather usless rubber stamp that makes MS several thousand for every driver tested.

F_L_C
06-14-06, 09:19 PM
This WHQL-version of 91.31 does NOT fix the inability to kill the tray app and that fkn pop-up SLI multi-GPU message. It's the exact same behavior as the beta version. What a complete fkn waste of time installing this. It would be a decent driver otherwise.

For those who want to run 91.31 AND kill the tray app pop-up bullsh1t, then simply untick the trap app setting in the panel and then go to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray]

and delete the first sub-key -> NVCpl.dll

This works with the WHQL and beta version of 91.31.

rewt
06-14-06, 10:30 PM
This WHQL-version of 91.31 does NOT fix the inability to kill the tray app and that fkn pop-up SLI multi-GPU message. It's the exact same behavior as the beta version. What a complete fkn waste of time installing this. It would be a decent driver otherwise.

For those who want to run 91.31 AND kill the tray app pop-up bullsh1t, then simply untick the trap app setting in the panel and then go to:

Go take your anger out on a tree or something! You'll feel better. :p

heatlesssun
06-15-06, 01:04 AM
From my understanding, WHQL does mean quite a bit. There is a great deal of testing to make sure that WHQL are stable and don't cause problems, espeically with a video driver.

I've been using these 91.31 with my 7950 for about a week now, and they've been solid in gaming, HL2 E1, CoD2, Quake 4, not one issue thus far.

Phyxion
06-15-06, 02:21 AM
WHQL is crap, its only because microsoft is $$$-hungry. The driversteam are testing drivers out themselves too, so who needs it.

RanCorX2
06-15-06, 04:29 AM

hehe yea, i thought it was fixed untill i rebooted then it wouldn't go away, but atleast the nvidia control panel icon works again.

RejZoR
06-15-06, 07:35 AM
Well drivers can be WHQL, but that doesn't necessarelly means for Control Panel. Though it's really odd to release such buggy crap with WHQL mark. Is it worth it?

rewt
06-15-06, 09:22 AM
You know the control panel is not a ring 0 kernel driver. WHQL just mean the driver acts safe (according to microsoft's guidelines) with the kernel and won't go deleting or corrupting stuff on your machine. Which personally I've never seen a problem this severe with beta nVidia drivers. But with WHQL drivers you can rest assure this severe of an issue is not there. Minor Cpl or graphic bugs is the least of their concerns..

RejZoR
06-15-06, 11:06 AM
Minor? There is a mile long list of bugs which i have no intention to write again. New CP is FULL, i mean really FUUUUUUUUULL of errors and bugs.

It's like yeah engine was approved by Mercedes, but chassis is made in china with lowest quality standards that barelly hold the engine from falling out of the car. But hey, engine is approved right, so it's ok...

rewt
06-15-06, 03:41 PM
I still use the old Cp myself. Everything seems just fine there.

RejZoR
06-15-06, 04:44 PM
But old NV CP lacks certain features like video sharpening and video de-noising along with general image sharpening. So it's kinda useless now...

Stoneyguy
06-15-06, 05:57 PM
I never really understood the point of having a beta driver WHQL certified anyway.

Demanufakture
06-15-06, 06:13 PM
Well it's still non-whql on nzone so what does it really matter? How many times has whql validity come up in this forum? I think it's pretty clear for all experienced with nvidia's drivers over the years that whql doesn't mean much and doesn't matter.

jcniest5
06-15-06, 11:20 PM
http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/nvidia/nvidia%20forceware%2091.31%20whql-2k-xp.exe

Link timed out everytime, what's wrong?

squall_leonhart
06-16-06, 07:52 AM
But old NV CP lacks certain features like video sharpening and video de-noising along with general image sharpening. So it's kinda useless now...

i find it stupid that they are even bothering this this new cp.

just improve the old one with a image preview window for the aa modes, its not hard... hell they've been adding new features every so often.

the old panel works in vista so that isn't even a viable defense.

Riptide
06-16-06, 08:56 AM
I agree. And I wish ATI hadn't bothered redoing their CPL either.