PDA

View Full Version : Just Got CS:Source, don't know how to play!!!

Pages : [1] 2

kwynjunk
06-15-06, 09:09 AM
I just downloaded it, with HL2. I want to know how to play before I get online and mess people up. Is there a manual? What is the objective, etc...?

you don't have to answer these questions here if you could provide a link that does.

Thanks.

RAY16
06-15-06, 09:40 AM
Shoot virtual people, and then listen to the wonderful sound of idiot teens yelling and screaming obscenities.

Oh yes, and plant the bomb in the marked areas when you start with it (switch to it, hold fire while looking at ground).

kwynjunk
06-15-06, 10:15 AM
Shoot virtual people, and then listen to the wonderful sound of idiot teens yelling and screaming obscenities.

Oh yes, and plant the bomb in the marked areas when you start with it (switch to it, hold fire while looking at ground).

Is it that bad? are the kids as obnoxious as the XBOX Live deal?

Surely there's more detailed instructions somewhere. Or is the game that simple?

Superfly
06-15-06, 10:17 AM
lol - you have to either plant the bomb or defend the bomb sites.

you earn money for each win/kill and use that tp buy your weapons for the next round - stick to auto buy to start with (press b then a) until you get a feel for the guns.

Superfly
06-15-06, 10:18 AM
as for the gameplay - yes its that simple (but VERY addictive)!!!!

six_storm
06-15-06, 11:08 AM
Get in there and start blasting away junior!

Roadhog
06-15-06, 11:27 AM
Is it that bad? are the kids as obnoxious as the XBOX Live deal?

Surely there's more detailed instructions somewhere. Or is the game that simple?

It's not bad if you go on clan servers or servers that are mostly full of adults.

GamerGuyX
06-15-06, 11:52 AM
lol @ the thread starter.

flukester
06-15-06, 12:23 PM
It's not bad if you go on clan servers or servers that are mostly full of adults.

How do you ascertain they are adults? I personally find more peace on pure pub servers with 'less' clan people on it. I haven't really been on a Clan server and stayed.

To topic starter. Here's my tips being a longtime solo player of CS.

- find a pub with hardly a clan member on it

- ensure that at least HL2 voice is 'not' enabled both in your client and on server. Trust me, you will figure it out quick people are ratting you out. Stand still on a Clan server, guaranteed someone will say where you are and you wont have a clue.

- if the MOTD says nothing about addressing cheaters, you might need to find another one

- find a server where there is an admin on

General playing tips
- start small in weapons, just get a smg or use pistol and stay close to your comrades, hopefully your partner will weaken the enemy and you use your pistol or smg to take him out

- stick close to team mates. 2vs1 is a lot easier sometimes that 1vs1

- make sure when you are approaching mass enemy you have a way to cover your eyes, many use flash and you will be dead by time you can see again. Because flash is very unrealistic, you need to be close to a box, crouching and looking at ground to avoid most of the effects of flash.

- shoot in bursts(1-3 bullets at max), and if your enemy is running across your screen, aim in front and behind your target(Not on target) because their hitboxes lag behind what you see.

- keep your eye on your radar, make sure your radar is on. Your radar shows you your teammates, shows you who is radioing that they see enemy etc.

- if your aim is not the greatest, stick to simple weapons so you don't piss all your money away

- Pay attention to the 'rebuy' key, so when the next round starts up you press 1 key and buy all the stuff you had the time round.

- Armor with headprotection doesn't really make a difference, but the cost does. I personally try and stick with simple armor to keep my money.

Hope this helps.. just off top of my head.

Sazar
06-15-06, 04:45 PM
Dood, just start your own server and play with the populated bots. This will allow you to learn how to play on different maps, aim, tactics, objectives and all that jazz.

Once you're comfortable, get out there and play.

Find a server you like which is moderated all the time and play there. Moderated servers are the best. I play at a nice server that sometimes has a little lag, but I don't care because I don't have to put up with whiny brats.

You'll know if you are being ghosted or not so don't worry about it. In-game voice is the best feature for team strategies IMO.

ralinn
06-15-06, 05:49 PM
aim in front and behind your target(Not on target) because their hitboxes lag behind what you see.
Dude you've been on too many public servers with a poor ping. You really shouldn't have to do that.

My #1 tip would be to watch your ping when you join a server. If you're on Broadband then only join a server if your ping is under about 50-60. The bigger the ping, the less fun you will have.

Also, the more armour the better. When you can afford it, use it.

Always remember that you DON'T have to buy every round. If you only have around $1000-$2500 then DON'T buy anything. Try and find a good hiding spot in a bomb site to defend it, or stick with a team mate and see if you can pick off anyone he/she weakens.

If you're low on HP, or the only one left on your team, then DON'T shoot at anyone unless you KNOW you're going to kill them.

USE SOUND. BE QUIET. USE YOUR RADAR.

Once you've got the hang of combining the 3 above, you'll always have the advantage. Knowing where someone is before they're even in view will give you a huge edge.

Keep your crosshair up. I've seen so many people running around a map with their aim pointing at the floor. Don't do it. Keeping your aim center will give you a faster headshot when it's needed. If you're in a close range map, then keep your crosshair just above center.

Advanced trick

LEARN TO STOP DEAD

You'll notice that when you let go of a direction key, it'll take a second for you to stop come to a complete halt. In this second your gun recoil is completely random.

To stop this from happening, tap the opposite direction to come to a complete halt. This will enable you to shoot with 100% accuracy instantly.

For example, if I'm strafing left, if I wanna stop, I let go of left and instantly tap right. This will bring me to a complete halt.

Practise this trick with the AWP. Once you learn how to use an AWP, you'll have the hang of pretty much every gun in the game. It's one of those weapons which are actually easy to use, but hard to use WELL. If someone cries at you for using the AWP too much... tell them where to go. It's your game, you paid for it, you play how you like.

Hope that's helpful :)

caio

de><ta
06-15-06, 08:49 PM
Dont forget to keep saying "OMG HAX!" every time you get killed. Its part of the game.

Sazar
06-15-06, 09:24 PM
Wow, so many noobs...

Buy a deagle if you have 800 bucks or more :D That's about all you really need to kill the enemy.

-edit-

Posted my stats from a server I play on all the time. Deagle == no.1 option.

flukester
06-15-06, 09:33 PM
Dude you've been on too many public servers with a poor ping. You really shouldn't have to do that.

I play with 20-30 ping and no packetloss. It also works quite effectively for me when I have a good team. :)

supra
06-15-06, 09:35 PM
heres what u press when u got a bit of cash

Counter-Terrorist
1 - b , 4, 3 OR b, 4, 6
2 - b, 6
4 - b, 8, 2
5 - b, 8, 3
6 - b, 8, 4
7 - b, 8, 5
8 - b, 8, 6

Terrorist
1 - b , 4, 2 OR b, 4, 5
2 - b, 6
4 - b, 8, 2
5 - b, 8, 3
6 - b, 8, 4
7 - b, 8, 5

:D

Wylde
06-16-06, 12:33 AM
Dont forget to keep saying "OMG HAX!" every time you get killed. Its part of the game.
I lol'd. :D

a12ctic
06-16-06, 12:41 AM
source is crap, 1.6 forever, the graphics may be old and crappy but its such a better game.

jAkUp
06-16-06, 12:49 AM
Is there a big difference? I have played both alot and in all honosty, I don't see much difference besides the graphics.

supra
06-16-06, 12:55 AM
i find source recoil more realistic than 1.6. and ofcourse better gfx on source. so i say source > cz > 1.6

Jarodd
06-16-06, 03:39 AM
Imo only Fps_Doug can notice the difference between source and 1.6

Toss3
06-16-06, 07:22 AM
source is crap, 1.6 forever, the graphics may be old and crappy but its such a better game.
I totally agree with this. The feeling in source is just not the same. I played cs for almost 4years and tried switching to source, but it just wasn't the same. CS>>>>Source imho.

kwynjunk
06-16-06, 08:36 AM
Cool.

good tips.

I'll probably try to get online this weekend.

ynnek
06-16-06, 10:44 AM
On a fresh map.. when its 0-0..

The team that wins the first round, gets a ton of more money than the loser team..

Therefore on the 2nd round, the losing team usually is in "saving" mode...

The winning team, well, depends on how they play.. IMO, I like to just save a little still this round (maybe just buy some armor and helmet) still anyways. Most of the other team is short on cash and is probably saving anyways. Or, you can just load up, and probably demolish the other side with superior firepower(but don't get too ****y)

Cause then, if the losign team loses that round, they'll finally have enough cash for a "real" loadout the next time.. But the winning team will have more than enough money also to equip everyone with a nice loadout.

However If the winning team, err, loses that next round, if you saved a little, you'll still have enough cash for a "real" loadout.. Also, less of a chance that you just fed the other team some free expensive guns.

Heh, It really sucks when your winning team spends alot of money on the 2nd round, and for some odd reason, gets beaten by a bunch of naked pistol shooters... lol

a12ctic
06-16-06, 11:02 AM
i played cs for 5~ years, i still play it from time to time, i was in legues, i had servers, and i was the leader of several clans. The custom maps in 1.6 were much better, the guns seemed more realistic, the gameplay was slower and more realistic, and it was a overall funner game. source just didnt apeal at all to me for some reason. The 1.6 community became a LOT more mature when source came out as well.

ralinn
06-16-06, 01:57 PM
Agreed. Especially if you have to aim "infront or behind" of people. You never had to do this in 1.6. I must say, I've never had to do this in Source either.

Buy a deagle if you have 800 bucks or more That's about all you really need to kill the enemy.
Only if the rest of your team buys. Wasting money on a deagle then losing is just going to make you skint.