PDA

View Full Version : HL2:Ep1 for $8 at Circuit City - Limited Time!

stevemedes
06-15-06, 04:18 PM
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=264599&highlight=half+life

stevemedes
06-15-06, 08:04 PM
Just picked up my copy... Can't wait to play it.

Rakeesh
06-15-06, 08:59 PM
I did basically the same thing with HL2. Waited about two weeks after its release and bought it for half price on sale at fry's electronics. Steam is a ripoff because you always pay MSRP no matter what.

stevemedes
06-16-06, 02:26 PM
Last day to take advantage of this offer... To all who think 4-5 hours of gameplay isn't worth $20, go buy it for $8! (nana2)

Game runs great for me! Specs are in my sig.
I'm running at 1280x1024 2xAA 8xAF everything on high

superklye
06-16-06, 02:48 PM
I'd pay $8 for this.

$n][pErMan
06-16-06, 08:47 PM
im f*cking pissed I paid $20 for this POS..... should have waited.... :(

Rakeesh
06-16-06, 09:17 PM
Same thing applies with DOD:S as well. Its like $20 on steam, and some stores sell it for $10 IIRC.

superklye
06-16-06, 10:21 PM
Same thing applies with DOD:S as well. Its like $20 on steam, and some stores sell it for $10 IIRC.
It was $15 at Circuit City just a few minutes ago.

And I got Episode 1 for $3. :D Gotta love Reward Zone!

Lazaredz
06-16-06, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, SO not pre-ordering any more episodes.

Rakeesh
06-17-06, 05:13 AM
It was $15 at Circuit City just a few minutes ago.

And I got Episode 1 for $3. :D Gotta love Reward Zone!

You pricematched at bestbuy?

I signed up for that reward zone thing but they ripped me off. Apparently they didn't setup my account correctly, so the upwards of $700 in purchases I made didn't count for anything, so I don't get any rebate at all. They didn't seem to notice it each time they scanned in my card everytime I bought something either.

superklye
06-17-06, 10:47 AM
You pricematched at bestbuy?

I signed up for that reward zone thing but they ripped me off. Apparently they didn't setup my account correctly, so the upwards of $700 in purchases I made didn't count for anything, so I don't get any rebate at all. They didn't seem to notice it each time they scanned in my card everytime I bought something either.
Yeah, I got it price matched...and that sucks big time, man. :(

I ripped THEM off, though...a few years back, my boss wanted to get an HDTV, so I had a 15% off coupon from Reward Zone. I told him he could have/use it, but only if he took my card along and got them to scan it. He did, and it was like $3800.

So I got something like $125 in reward certificates. :D

ew2x4
06-17-06, 01:02 PM
It's definately worth $8.

Rakeesh
06-17-06, 11:21 PM
I went ahead and picked it up even though I've beaten it already. I may want to play it again later and you can't really go wrong for $8. Went to circuit city to get a new universal remote, which they didn't have the one I was looking for, and they also didn't have any copies of episode one left. So I grabbed their ad and took it to bestbuy across the street, who had the remote I was looking for, and they pricematched it without checking if CC has it in stock (sometimes they do this.)

superklye
06-18-06, 10:15 PM
Hmm, really? I've never had them call over and check. It seems like it shouldn't matter because, at least in Milwaukee, there are three CCs I could go to, and barring that, I could always get it online. If they refused to price match because there was no stock, well, that would just be BS.

And I can't get past the elevator-in-the-dark part. :mad: