PDA

View Full Version : New case for wiring

Bearclaw
06-15-06, 06:45 PM
I posted my setup here a few weeks back and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas in mind for a new case. Don't get me wrong, I love this one, it provides excellent cooling and it looks nice for a first time build. I wanted to make the wiring better though. I am a neat freak and as shown on the other forums page (here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59410&page=16)) where my rig is, the wiring is not all that great. I have seen other pictures with excellent wiring and was wondering if you guys could point me out to a good case for wiring. I guess it's most a persons skill at the wiring but I saw some really good cases with what seemed like wiring "slots or holders' built in ro something. I don't know. Maybe you guys can help me out. Thanks.

ViN86
06-15-06, 07:02 PM
youre wiring is actually pretty good compared to many others i have seen.

anyways, i think the case you have provides enough for a good wiring scheme. the only thing that sets others apart is that they tend to run their wires behind the motherboard and other components. that and they also get zipties to combine wires. you could also get shrink tubing and do it that way.

if you want something to hide wires out of the way, do what i do and tape them to something that cannot be seen (eg that lip on the left side of the case where the metal is bent). it takes some time to get a really good wiring scheme, and the biggest thing is finding places to run the wires.

Bearclaw
06-15-06, 07:37 PM
Is it possible to buy extra long cables for a modular power supply? One of things holding me back is the short length of mine now.

einstein_314
06-15-06, 08:00 PM
I think alot of wiring neatness has to do with how long you spend doing the wiring. I spent close to 2 hours trying to figure out the best way to do mine. The best way is just to keep trying different ways. And make sure you have lots of zap straps. :)

And no, I don't think you can get extra long cables for a modular powersupply...although I've been wrong before (but only once :D)

lee63
06-17-06, 08:53 AM
Yeah, take your time and experiment with cables , I really get a kick out of it, also you can go here http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php they can make you anything you like , Im not sure about extra long modular cables though, but you can give it a shot, they also have a great selection of modified cases, good luck man :D