PDA

View Full Version : DF-Black Hawk Down demo

fantomas
02-05-03, 04:20 PM
Has anyone else installed this? Runs like a pig on my system :P

intercede007
02-05-03, 04:46 PM
Yeah..its stuttering a bit for me. And there are some weird texture anamolies at 1200X1024 on the gun.

Still kinda fun though. Having a bear of a time getting past the part on the observation deck with the .50 cal and the RPG's. Anybody have any hints?

EPoX 8KHA+
512MB PC2100
MSi GeForce 4 Ti 4600
Det 42.01's
WinXP Home SP1
40GB WD SE

nin_fragile14
02-05-03, 06:57 PM
I was actually blown away by the sheer amount of polygons and the large viewing distance in this game. The scale of it is quite impressive. However, the character models are very poor, which is very disappointing when looking at the surrounding visuals.

It runs pretty well on my system; I used FRAPS and ran the game at 1024x768 with 4x AA and 8x anisotropic with all visuals max, and got 28-35 fps during the opening helicopter sequence. Sure it isn't 60+ fps, but it runs well enough, and the AA really smooths everything out perfectly.

There was no performance hit when turning on 4x AA, so once again it's evident that this Novalogic game is very CPU dependent.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-05-03, 11:16 PM
It runs good on my rig. Intercede, take out the skinnies with rpgs running on the ground, they are more important than the guys in the trucks. Take the RPG carrying skinnies as soon as you see them, then go for the trucks. But don't let the trucks get to the compound, cuz then that means more skinnies to fight on the ground ;)

ragejg
02-06-03, 06:16 AM
This demo runs real nice on my setup @ 10x7/2xaa/2xaf...
8x6/Qaa/4xaf runs pretty dang nice, too...

Yeh, I don't like that stutter right at the beginning. Reminds me of BF1942.

Personally, I like the player models... They look different than any other player model I've seen.

Drawing distance: AWESOME

Orig. feel in heli. sequence: AWESOME

-Best time I've had in an fps soldier game since I first tried Ghost Recon...

Can't wait for full version. :D

sytaylor
02-06-03, 01:34 PM
i had no probs at 1024*768 2*AA and 2*ansio

enjoyin the game so far though :) not got very far but its well done

Greg
02-07-03, 06:51 AM
What is the difference between this single player demo and the previous one? This new one is about 10mb larger, but appears to be the same content?

Jovi
02-07-03, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Greg
What is the difference between this single player demo and the previous one? This new one is about 10mb larger, but appears to be the same content?

It's more polished graphically and It's a new map(mp). The sp seems to be the same as the beta sp.

sonaboy
02-07-03, 02:36 PM
how when you shoot a guy swimming in the water, he doesn't stop swimming, even when he hit land..
the player will just keep stroking across the land until he leaves the map, even though he's dead.

Raptorman
02-07-03, 07:38 PM
Works great on my desktop.
Having problems on my laptop with it crashing Windows. Going to try re-installing it later. Or should I disable W-Buffer support?

Any help is appreciated.

AngelGraves13
02-08-03, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking of getting this game.......but I'll have to wait for some reviews from CGW and PC Gamer. I bought Unreal 2 without reading reviews and I'm enjoying it nicely. It's a bit short, but oh well. It's great and that's all that counts. I do have a feeling that DOOM III is going to be much better than Unreal 2 and about twice as long.

Lars
02-09-03, 06:56 AM
Actually this so called "pre-release" version of Black Hawk Down actually runs better than either of the previous Delta Force games on my rig. Even at 1280x1024x32 with 4xfsaa and 8xaf. Graphics are at max. and looks kinda nice. Great for outdoors but IMO rather mediocre for inside stuff. Or maybe it's just that I'm budy playing Unreal 2 atm....

Outside it actually looks kinda nice, the viewing distance is great and the "feel" of going into battle initially taking out the rpg's is really good. Music's the same as in the movie isn't it? Looks like a great game. I'm absolutely getting this one :)

Raptorman
02-09-03, 12:24 PM
Got my laptop fixed.

Just had to update from the 7.77 to 7.80 drivers. 42.1MB takes a while on dial-up, arghh. GIVE ME BROADBAND!

Nutty
02-09-03, 01:38 PM
Runs great for me. No idea of framerate, but everything is set to high at 1024x768.

No crashes or anything dodgy happened either..

fantomas
02-10-03, 05:09 PM
needed to overclock the gpu and go down to 800x600 for silky smooth frames. Great opening sequence! real nice NightVision effects, only the buildings need more texture detail up close. I liked the commanche4 demo more than the game -nice clean graphics with lush foliage..hope BHD is different!