PDA

View Full Version : PSU Questions

Bearclaw
06-17-06, 11:37 PM
Hey Guys, I have a few questions about PSU and the voltage meters. Below is a picture of my voltage ratings currently. I was wondering if you guys could explain the CPU Core voltage and what that was about. Also, for the 3.3, 5, and 12 voltage ratings, as you can see the 3.3 is maxed out. Sometimes the 5 is too. Is that bad? What would happen if the 3.3, 5, and 12 voltage ratings all got maxed out? I'm just concerned, I don't want my PSU blowing up in my face. Thanks guys.

http://www.brucebere.com/bg/voltage.jpg

a12ctic
06-17-06, 11:46 PM
i cant explain it, but its fine.

Bearclaw
06-17-06, 11:49 PM
So I'm not in any kind of trouble? What would happen if all 3 ratings maxed out?

|MaguS|
06-17-06, 11:51 PM
The closer the volts are the to needed voltage (3.3v, 5v, 12v) the better. If they are too high or to low then you could either kill your PSU or cause stabability issues with your system. As it is right now, they are perfect. Your PSU is handling the current load fine, you will see these numbers fluxuate depending on the load of your system but none should ever go above or lower then 1v of the needed value.

a12ctic
06-17-06, 11:52 PM
im not 100% sure but what i *think* that means is that its getting the voltage its supozed to be getting

Bearclaw
06-17-06, 11:55 PM
Ok, thanks a lot guys.

einstein_314
06-18-06, 01:51 AM
Your voltage will not change as you put more of a load on your PSU. (Well, it will slightly, but it will drop not increase). You want the 3.3, 5, and 12 Volt rails to be as close to their values as possible.

It's the Amps that will change depending on how much of a load you are running. And when they get to the max that each rail is rated at, bad things will happen. So yeah, you're fine.

SgtPnkks
06-18-06, 09:02 AM
i'd be more worried about your chassis fan going 5rpm faster and opening a gate to hell in your case:D