PDA

View Full Version : Soundcard Solution

kev13dd
06-18-06, 08:49 PM
Hey!

For graduation I got some crazy chair with a subwoofer and speaker built in. My parents originally thought I'd use it for my Xbox, which is easy to do, but I'd rather use it for my computer watching movies or whatnot

Problem is, the chair only has RCA input and output!

Is there any CHEAP (cheap being the important word) way of grabbing an RCA soundcard or USB thingie? I'd love to do it, but all the soundcard I've found with RCA are very very expensive. Any help or ideas?

K

saturnotaku
06-18-06, 08:56 PM
I ran into the same issue when getting the sound set up with my Xbox 360. I wanted to use my Logitech speakers for both my PC and the Xbox. I ended up purchasing a new/overstock SB Audigy Platinum eX from Creative on eBay for $60. The breakout box has RCA inputs and it's been working great.

einstein_314
06-18-06, 09:07 PM
Why don't you use a mini plug to RCA plug adaptor? That way you can plug it into any soundcard and then run RCA cables to your chair. Something like this. Linky (http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3513/.f?sc=10&category=-110). I'm pretty sure you can pick them up from Radio Shack (aka the Source) or probably best buy or any electronics place.

kev13dd
06-19-06, 06:03 AM
Problem is I have absolutley NO room left on my sound card, all ports and plugs are plugged and filled

I tried to use the front headphone port as an output (I have a 2 RCA to single 3.5mm connector) but unfortunatly the speakers I have plugged into the back won't work when I have something plugged into the front...

K

kev13dd
06-19-06, 06:21 AM
Nvm, I think I found the solution

It requires 4 RCA cables, one 2 RCA male to 1 3.5mm male, one 2 RCA male to 2 3.5mm female with only one being occupied... sigh... luckily, I can set it up for the speakers to act as front or rear speakers, that's a good thing!

Now if only the chair wasn't only 6 inches off the ground, it would be an awesome setup...

K