PDA

View Full Version : Machine Curiosity

DrMorelos
06-19-06, 05:32 PM
Hi all. I'm running an AGP 6800GT overclocked on my second machine, driving (via DVI) a Samsung SyncMaster 213T. I keep the monitor rotated 90 degrees for my purposes (system administrating and, more importantly, document authoring).

There's a real slowdown in the refresh which is noticeable and irritating when i scroll quickly through selections: it's not as fast as it was on the CRT the machine used to drive. If I hold arrow keys to scroll quickly through a list, the selection seems to skip several items at a time. The problem is significantly less visible when the display is in its native landscape mode. It's frustrating, though I've learned to deal with it.

Here is a screenshot.

http://www.fruzzetti.org/extras/screenshot.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to speed up this refresh issue?

Thanks,

~ dan ~

CaptNKILL
06-19-06, 06:10 PM
Just throwing this out there, have you installed the GART\AGP driver for your motherboard chipset? I've seen strange slow downs like that on systems without the AGP driver properly installed.

DrMorelos
06-19-06, 06:26 PM
oh yes. thank you, though. no; important effects like showing window contents while dragging work fine, too. just the lists.