View Full Version : How to oc on vista beta2

doom_st
06-20-06, 04:39 AM
does coolbits works on vista?
i haven't been able to oc my 7900gt.
does anyone know something about it?

squall_leonhart
06-20-06, 04:49 AM
i don't think it does. i believe coolbits uses a newer registry editor.

can you type regedit into run.
and surf to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global]

if that key chain exists then coolbits may work.

EverGreen
06-20-06, 05:21 AM
I just think that Vista just have a better designed registery kernel than XP had before and some instructions will not have the same as what normally seems to work under Coolbits, just wait when REWT have more experience to develope a new coolbits one special under Vista...

therapture
06-20-06, 08:26 AM
i don't think it does.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global]

if that key chain exists then coolbits may work.

The key is there, but the old coolbits does not work...

Vapor Trail
06-20-06, 10:53 AM
I can't get much of any of my hardware to work properly in Vista.

Dell 720 printer - no drivers
HP scanjet scanner - no drivers
Razer Diamondback mouse - no drivers
Nvidia 7900GT - beta drivers with no AA or AF working properly let alone overclocking
SB Audigy - beta drivers that only work in 2 speaker mode and then only sometimes.

bah, Vista isn't ready for prime time yet, or at least the hardware vendors aren't ready with drivers.
:(

Banko
06-20-06, 11:14 AM

Nvidia 7900GT - beta drivers with no AA or AF working properly let alone overclocking
SB Audigy - beta drivers that only work in 2 speaker mode and then only sometimes.

bah, Vista isn't ready for prime time yet, or at least the hardware vendors aren't ready with drivers.
Everything except the Audigy and 7900GT you can just use the XP drivers...

Vapor Trail
06-20-06, 11:49 AM
Everything except the Audigy and 7900GT you can just use the XP drivers...

No I can't, they don't work at all.

Printer and scanner are not supported at this time and the Diamondback mouse installs as a standard 2 button HID Mouse.

I've tried numerous times to get the xp drivers to work but they don't.

I'm due for a printer scanner update but not before I'm sure the new ones will be suported in Vista, by then there may be drivers for the old ones.

XxDeadlyxX
06-20-06, 07:10 PM

Exact same situation with me. XP drivers for my 7900gt create BSOD, so thats as no go as well. Damnit nVidia/Creative release good drivers. ATI did it.

hawkeyefan
06-20-06, 10:59 PM
No I can't, they don't work at all.

Printer and scanner are not supported at this time and the Diamondback mouse installs as a standard 2 button HID Mouse.

I've tried numerous times to get the xp drivers to work but they don't.

I'm due for a printer scanner update but not before I'm sure the new ones will be suported in Vista, by then there may be drivers for the old ones.

try this for the Audigy card...it worked for me and has worked for a bunch of people, should work for you:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=427

installing XP x64 driver pack (not the vista betas) TWICE with driver signing turned off...

Vapor Trail
06-21-06, 06:10 AM
try this for the Audigy card...it worked for me and has worked for a bunch of people, should work for you:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=427

installing XP x64 driver pack (not the vista betas) TWICE with driver signing turned off...

I tried that, it seems to work for some people who have an Audigy2 but I have an Audigy 1.