PDA

View Full Version : King's Quest III - Full Game Remake Available

SH64
06-20-06, 02:59 PM
Old school adventurers should like this!
In the tradition of recent remakes, King's Quest I and II+ by Tierra/AGDI, Infamous Adventures hopes to create a new classic of the Beloved Series.

Features :

* All 16 color backgrounds remade into stunning VGA graphics
* Enhanced Close up cut-scenes and dialogue pictures help immerse you into what is known as the first plot driven chapter of the King's Quest series.
* Original music by professional music composer(s)
* Re-experience the adventure with a stunning new interface (no more typing) And if you never played well, you'll probably enjoy it anyway.

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=34945&mode=thread&order=0

CaptNKILL
06-20-06, 03:06 PM
Just started playing the recent remake of King's Quest 1. First time I've ever played a KQ game.

Its not bad so far. You can tell its based on an extremely old game (83 I think), but its amusing. Deffinitely looks better than the old 4 color version :p

jAkUp
06-20-06, 03:44 PM
Screenies? :)

CaptNKILL
06-20-06, 04:01 PM
Heres the site for the KQ3 remake (screenies are there :)).
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/index.php?page=kq3

Heres the site for the first 2.
http://www.agdinteractive.com/

CaptNKILL
06-20-06, 10:44 PM
I just finished KQ1 (the remake). Its short, though not that short considering the other games from the early 80s.

Its not very hard, but it can be a bit frustrating some times because its soooo easy to die :p

My advice when you play these games: save before you do anything that you might not be able to undo (ie, eat an item, give an item away, jump down a hole etc) and always keep your save games from before you do those things, or you will be doing a lot of crap over again. Also, use the "eye" to examine EVERYTHING. There are little hidden things that are hard to pick out some times, even if they are in plain sight. I thought I did pretty good but I only scored 93 out of 158 possible points (you get points for doing things or discovering things).

Cool game though, I think Im going to move right on to the second one.

BTW, the humor in this one is pretty good. I'd like to play a serious game for once though. So far I've played like 5 of these old adventure games and they all have dumb humor in them. Which is fine, but a good serious game with a good atmosphere does a lot more for me than a game with a good atmosphere that gets killed by random sillyness :p

SH64
06-21-06, 12:01 AM
Yeah .. one of the most frustrating issues with KQ games is dead ends. one mistake & BAM you're stuck forever! .. time to either reload or replay the game from start if you didnt save in a good point.

you dont get that in Lucasarts games ;)

CaptNKILL
06-21-06, 12:48 AM
Yeah .. one of the most frustrating issues with KQ games is dead ends. one mistake & BAM you're stuck forever! .. time to either reload or replay the game from start if you didnt save in a good point.

you dont get that in Lucasarts games ;)
Nope. You sure dont :D

Man, I've been playing SO many of these games lately. In the past couple weeks I've beaten all of these:
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
The Dig
Beneath a Steal Sky
King's Quest 1 (remake)
and I played through a bunch of Shadow of the Comet, an old game based on the Call of Cthulhu mythos. The puzzles are pretty illogical and I found myself reading the walkthough every 10 minutes, so I just gave up on it. The lucas arts games on the other hand were all fantastic. The Dig was a masterpiece IMO. At least the second half was. The first half was just a series of "neat" puzzles, but the story and the message in it really picked up in the second half... fantastic game.

I was going to play through Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade a couple nights ago but I didnt realize it has no speach. The fate of atlantis really spoiled me there... the dialog was as good as any cartoon movie I've seen (and much better than most games).

I love these old adventure games.

Some other games that got me into these a long time ago (my early PC days) were Bureau 13, Phantasmagoria 2, Harvester and Bladerunner.

SH64
06-21-06, 01:01 AM
The Dig ruled!! .. i still remember some parts of it although i played like 10 years ago.
did you try Full Throttle ?? another kick-ass adv from Lucasarts in case you never heard of it.

CaptNKILL
06-21-06, 01:13 AM
The Dig ruled!! .. i still remember some parts of it although i played like 10 years ago.
did you try Full Throttle ?? another kick-ass adv from Lucasarts in case you never heard of it.
I've got them all now :)

Once I played that Indiana Jones game, I was *HOOKED* on SCUMM adventure games (all the lucas arts games, and many others) and it really sparked my old interest in point and click adventure games.

Since they are all nearly impossible to find now, I had to resort to torrents to get them, but I've pretty much caught up on all of the major point and click games. I havent played them all (yet!:D), but I have them all.

Its a damn shame I didnt know more about these back in the early and mid 90s... then again, I probably wouldnt have understood the puzzles as well when I was that young. I do have fond memories of Bureau 13 on our first CDROM computer in 1994 though. That game has some cool puzzles in it, though its a bit buggy.

DarthBinky
06-23-06, 01:56 PM
...did you try Full Throttle ?? another kick-ass adv from Lucasarts...

Full Throttle still ranks up there as one of my all-time favorite games.

flukester
06-23-06, 02:14 PM
Ah, played all these KQ games when they came out. Not sure I'd be interested in replaying them.. Indy games were fun but were also boring. I'll probably check out the KQ for old time memory.