PDA

View Full Version : 7950 / 91.31 drivers and tearing

ncoder
06-20-06, 07:11 PM
In both Fear and Half Life episode 1 I can see tearing for the top say 1inch of the display, the rest of the screen is fine.

This is obviously with Vysnc enabled.

I tried enabling v-sync in both the games and forcing it through the drivers; it makes no differnece.

Does any one else see this?

XxDeadlyxX
06-20-06, 08:07 PM
I also get this with my 7900gt in css. Havent tested other games, but it is as though vsync isnt applying. I went back to 84.56 and it works fine. Is there a fix to this?

Lurker28
06-20-06, 10:09 PM
I get a lot of problems with the 7950 and the new drivers. Here are just a couple problems (I also tried my 7800GTX, which worked perfectly in these games before the drivers).

Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero: Both have mouse lag, in OpenGL, but not in D3D. Also in openGL muzzle flash will create a black poly as well as bullets hitting surfaces creates a black poly...fake lighting on certain maps will create a block texture.

Oblivion: With the new patch installed, my 7950 reflections from a sword or church window would Either flicker or the colors would be incorrect.

I have not yet found a fix for any of these problems. I do not have any graphic problems in other games such as Battlefield 2 or Black and White 2.