PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

Proff
06-20-06, 08:42 PM
What causes a crt monitor to turn green while playing games? The computer then has to be restarted and it works fine until a 3d intensive game is played.
The monitor is from a Wal-Mart e-machine. The video card is an ATI X800 Pro AGP. I don't know what brand name the monitor is. Is it possible that the power supply is not giving the video card enough power? Power supply is a Enermax 350 watt. The machine is an old tech machine. Every thing works great except for this one problem. I put this together for my daughter and her kids whose e-machine gave up the ghost.:hmmm:

Athlon 2600+(2.08 MHz)
Abit KD7-E MB (333 FSB)
512 MB Crucial 2700

Rytr
06-20-06, 09:53 PM
The psu you have should be plenty. Check the +12V rails in the Bios to see if you are getting enough 12V power to the card.

Imbroglio
06-20-06, 10:34 PM
don't know how long you've had the card, but very much sounds like a cold solder issue. i had a radeon 7500 card a few years back that was perfectly fine until you started playing anything graphic intensive, then my screen would be a mix between red and yellow. if you are able to, take the card out and try a different one in the same machine, odds are from the sounds of it that it is your card and not the monitor.

Proff
06-21-06, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the information. I have a 9700 Pro that I could put in the machine. I think it would preform well for them also. The X800 pro was a refurb from ATI. I have my suspecion that it possibly could be the video card. The monitor seems to be a little blurry on the desk top. I had the X800 pro on another machine and it to seemed blurry on the desktop. :)