PDA

View Full Version : prey and widescreen support?!!

zyklon69
06-21-06, 12:18 AM
Can anyone confirm if prey has widescreen support?

jAkUp
06-21-06, 12:21 AM
Since nobody has the game yet I don't think we can confirm that :) You will see tomorrow.

Many of the trailers were in widescreen, so I think the game should be as well.

Darkoz
06-21-06, 03:58 AM
Since it uses a modified DOOM3 engine it may or may not natively have widescreen support.
If it doesn't it's not a problem as it's simply a matter of editing the Config.cfg file to your desired resolution.

Go over to Widescreen Gaming Forums which have a comprehensive list of games which natively support widescreen and solutions for games that don't............http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Games_List_-_A

raystorm
06-21-06, 08:30 AM
Well Prey is also coming out for the 360 where widescreen is a requirement. Quake 4 has proper WS support with the latest patch. We'll see. As the above poster said I think we'll all fool around with the usual config files.

I can't wait for the demo! Finally this game is coming out and I really want to see what this portal business is all about. Hopefully the demo gives you a really good taste of the portal gameplay.

einstein_314
06-21-06, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I'd say that because Quake4 had support for it (after the latest patch) that Prey will too. Or at least I hope so :p Can't wait!!!

Alstrong
06-23-06, 12:42 AM
The demo has options for choosing the aspect ratio in the menu ala Quake IV, btw.

|MaguS|
06-23-06, 12:55 AM
The demo has options for choosing the aspect ratio in the menu ala Quake IV, btw.

It looks to only stretch the screen though considering that unlike Q4, no new resolution options are given when the aspect ratio is chosen.

raystorm
06-23-06, 08:12 AM
It looks to only stretch the screen though considering that unlike Q4, no new resolution options are given when the aspect ratio is chosen.

Yea..thats pretty strange that they did that. You have to set your visual options first then go to the preyconfig.cfg and edit it to get the widescreen res to work. But it resets if you go back to the video options screen (to whatever the default res of the game is which is silly) So make your visual options first then edit the cfg file.

seta r_customHeight "1050"
seta r_customWidth "1680"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectratio "2"

I just used my monitors 1680x1050 res as an example. I don't understand why devs don't allow their games to detect all resolutions you have in windows and have you choose accordingly. Its 2006 and we still have to fool around with config files. Thats fine and dandy for game like Oblivion with all the fun options to play with editing files just to get a resolution?? bah

Mathesar
06-26-06, 10:01 AM
Yea..thats pretty strange that they did that. You have to set your visual options first then go to the preyconfig.cfg and edit it to get the widescreen res to work. But it resets if you go back to the video options screen (to whatever the default res of the game is which is silly) So make your visual options first then edit the cfg file.

seta r_customHeight "1050"
seta r_customWidth "1680"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_aspectratio "2"

I just used my monitors 1680x1050 res as an example. I don't understand why devs don't allow their games to detect all resolutions you have in windows and have you choose accordingly. Its 2006 and we still have to fool around with config files. Thats fine and dandy for game like Oblivion with all the fun options to play with editing files just to get a resolution?? bah

You could just type listmodes in the console then choose a res from the list by typing r_mode 5 (or whatever number you want) followed by vid_restart to change res.