PDA

View Full Version : best keyboard?

jAkUp
02-06-03, 12:08 PM
what is in your opinion the best keyboard?
is there any andvantages at getting a usb keyboard vs a port besides plug and play??? im just curious...

Smokey
02-06-03, 01:04 PM
Well I would have to say, any with all the letters of the alphabet :D
No I like both Logitech and Microsofts keyboards, just feel nice when typing. As for usb vs PS/2 port, arent both plug and play? is this for a laptop or desktop pc? If I had the money, I would like to go cordless, they just seem to have nicer keyboards :p

s3ntry
02-06-03, 08:22 PM
The Logitech Elite Keyboard (http://www.envynews.com/review.php?ID=211)

Smokey
02-06-03, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by s3ntry
The Logitech Elite Keyboard (http://www.envynews.com/review.php?ID=211)
Thats one sweet keyboard, if I had the cash I would get that in a heart beat :p

styles-T
02-06-03, 09:05 PM
Microsoft Elite (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&manufactory=1149&catalog=63&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1)..I love this thing..Only 17$

Groltz
02-06-03, 09:07 PM
The Avant Prime. No mush here. :)

VeritechK7
02-06-03, 09:37 PM
I'd go for either belkin, MS or Logitech. But anything of those cheap keyboards i wouldn't go after, their keys fade out. But go to a store if you can and play type on the display keyboards

saturnotaku
02-06-03, 09:46 PM
Any keyboard from Logitech is No. 1 in my book. :thumbsup:

I don't like their mice, but I'd never buy another brand of keyboard.

VeritechK7
02-06-03, 09:55 PM
Yep. There are just brands that pump out a good line of one peripheral constantly.

fastguy94416
02-06-03, 10:24 PM
Logitech internet keyboard. 15 bucks, and only 3 extra buttons. I use those buttons!

budd_wm
02-07-03, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I don't like their mice,

:eek: You don't even like the MX700??

kyleb
02-07-03, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by fastguy94416
Logitech internet keyboard. 15 bucks, and only 3 extra buttons. I use those buttons!

thats what i am useing right now, not a bad board by any means but it does have that issue of only so many buttons will redgister at once. anyone know off a good keyboard without this issue, but normal keyboard size not bloated with extra buttons like that logictech ellite and most defnalty not ergonomic like the ms one. usb would be a plus.

joltcola
02-07-03, 08:30 AM
I currently use a keyboard made by IBM (http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-840&langId=-1&partNumber=31P7415&storeId=1) , which is nice in my opinion. It works well, and can probably find them at your local computer store or Best Buy. Only problem with it, is the palm wrest. I just bought a gel pad instead. It goes for about 20.00 bucks or so.

If you wanna spend 50+ dollars, I recommend the
LT DESIGNER by keytronic ( http://www.keytronic.com/home/keyboards/keyboards.html ). The keytronic's LT Designer is something that will last forever ( i think has a lifetime warrienty on it ). Very solid design and feel to it.

-- Jolt

vampireuk
02-07-03, 08:40 AM
The best keyboard I have ever used was the Microsoft natural keyboard....damn that thing rocked (I spilit lemonade in it:()

saturnotaku
02-07-03, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by budd_wm
You don't even like the MX700??

Not as much as I like my Intellimouse Optical SE. And even though they fixed the scroll wheel problems, you still can't program all those buttons for gaming. I spent $20 on my Intellimouse and would never use anything else.

SnakeEyes
02-07-03, 12:01 PM
I have a Logitech corded Internet Navigator keyboard, and I love it. The extra buttons and the scrollwheel on the left edge are awesome. I also believe there's a cordless version available, but if I recall correctly it comes with the wrong cordless optical mouse (I like the MX700).

What I like most about this keyboard is the feel of the keys. Practically every Logitech I've every used has had the same feel to them, and most MS keyboards I've used have felt stiffer somehow (or I'd probably buy one of those).

I have seen one non-multimedia keyboard that matches the Logitech for feel, and that was my NMB Technologies Windows keyboard. That one was pretty good too, except for the lack of extra multimedia functions (having gotten used to them on the Logitech, it's hard to do without them now).

Another plus for both of the mentioned keyboards is that they're really lightweight without feeling flimsy or cheap.

SavagePaladin
02-07-03, 12:11 PM
I love my Elite as much as I loved my Internet Navigator :)
But the new software is irritating. Whats with all these information windows popping up the first time you press anything (I haven't yet figured out how to disable them, if that makes me stupid well then...)

___
Outside of actually programming them anyway. I'm lazy.... :p

Im0nŠ
02-08-03, 04:30 AM
I like my Microsoft natural keyboard but you asked what is the best board , then i must say IBM boards a friend of mine has used it for what 8 years ? works great and he wont buy a new one .
I cant stand that clicking noise it does but he says the buttons feel like they did when it was new so what can i say .

8 years is a long time for a keyboard ive had 3 comps in that time
and he to atleast but the keyboard is still the same mine isnt.

kyleb
02-08-03, 04:49 AM
ya them damn clicking sounds suck.

gpk
02-08-03, 05:52 AM
MS Internet Keyboard Pro is the best keyb IMO (maximum PC agrees :) ) Great feel, multimedia keys and 2 USB port hub built in (great for plugging in mouse).
One slight problem...it's discontinued :(
If you can still find one get it!

gpk

The Baron
02-08-03, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by fastguy94416
Logitech internet keyboard. 15 bucks, and only 3 extra buttons. I use those buttons! That's my boy... same keyboard here (only problem is that it gets dirty, but I guess that's more of a problem with me :p ).

lagadu
02-09-03, 08:42 PM
i have a logitech internet navigator keyboard, and it's the second best kb EVER :D , the best being it's version in black, the elite one :)
it's probably from the plastic used, but the keys have a very smooth feel to them...
i'm in love with this kb :luv:

Machine_1969
02-09-03, 11:22 PM
http://store4.yimg.com/I/xoxide_1727_16587563

budd_wm
02-09-03, 11:51 PM
Heh, that keyboard costs 100 bucks though. Too rich for me.

SmuvMoney
02-10-03, 02:17 AM
I love my MS Natural Keyboard Elite, but I want a black ergonomic keyboard to match the decor (black monitor, black speaker set and headphones, etc :rolleyes: ) I'm looking at the Belkin Black Ergoboard. It's a lil pricey, but I can live with that.