PDA

View Full Version : GRAW Patch 1.16 and Map Pack is OUT!

Pages : [1] 2

Peoples-Agent
06-21-06, 11:27 AM
http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_advanced_warfighter/ghost_recon_advanced_warfighter_1.16_mp_map_pack_1 .exe

It's here folks, and the new AA - Edge Smoothing mode is phenomenal.

ABSOLUTELY amazing and really shows how fugly the game was before without it, I also get no performance hit in using it neither.

I cannot wait for new nVidia drivers to come out and really get the best out of this game.

They have tweaked some essential AI issues too.
The dudes are no longer retarded and can handle machine gun nests properly, this is great work and has completely changed the feel of the game for me.

Headshots are now actually one shot one killers too.

Wahoo.... great work GRiN, you have won me over with this fine effort.

Peoples-Agent
06-21-06, 11:30 AM
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter version 1.16
CHANGENOTES 13/06/2006

Last minute additions
- Shortened the delay between shots in semiautomatic on most weapons.
- Switched the grenade sights with a more appropriate one.
Use the short line when targets are of that relative size, use the larger line when targets are closer, and use the small line to aim when you fire(in an arch) at far away targets.
- Hostile AI will notice dead friends up to 30 meters. This was previously too short at 6 meters.

Updates
- Game mode Deathmatch added.
A new gametype Deathmatch(DM) has been added to the game, along with 3 new DM maps.
- New coop missions.
Missions 1, 5 and 9 have been updated to work in Coop mode. You can now enjoy the full campaign in multiplayer.
- Server interface revamped.
Numerous new server options are now availiable:
Start match conditions ("All slots full", "All players are ready", "one player on each side is ready", and "server is ready").
Tactical points can be disabled.
Any player joining a spawn limited server will only have as many spawns as the player with the least left, or 0 if the match has only 1 spawn.
Players on a spawn limited server will be spawned automatically into the game after 60 seconds.
A "Immortality at respawn" option has been added, and it can be from 1 to 10 seconds.
- Statistics screen for Domination has been updated.
It now contains better overall match statistics, round statistics and keeps stats from round to round(for the duration of the match).
You can now see the current match scores and time remaining in the ingame status screen, default "Tab" key.
- Weapon kits are now availiable.
At the bottom of the Inventory you can now find 4 default kits, fully customizeable. If a server is playing with the "Disabled tactical points" option, your selected kit will automatically be re-selected on every spawn.
- Better impact sensation.
Some new sounds have been added for when you're hit or when hitting others. When hit, your reticule will be nudged off center.
Character models have also been updated, so there's a generally larger area considered to be a "headshot". Weapons damage has also been updated, increasing the chance a single shot to the head will generate an instant kill.
- Colors have been added to chat window.
Your actions are represented by blue, while red is hostile activity. A yellow hue is used for status messages and chat is still white.
The chat window can now also be toggled in three modes, default key "u". Regular, transparent or hidden.
- Chat has been added to status screens.
- Chat Window now allows for more text in higher resolutions.
- A sticky leaning feature (enabled by default) has been added in the Game options.
- Primary weapon, secondary weapon, backpack, grenade launcher, frag grenade and smoke grenade can now be bound to hotkeys.
- Anti aliasing: Edge smoothing feature has been added to the graphics options.
- There's now a "Connecting to" dialog box when connecting to a server. This will display more information and possible error messages about why you cannot join a server.
- Custom context.xml files can now be loaded with a -o parameter on GRAW.exe.
- Screenshot button can now be bound from the Options screen. Default key "Ins".
- Anticheat server option has been added.
When enabled this feature will run certain checks to match the client with the server. Note that this will affect any users with modded files, including the main GRAW.exe. If you wish to play using modified files, make sure the server configuration matches your own, or you will not be able to play(this includes all files in the ./local/ directory).
- Editor has been added.
Grins own editor has been updated and is now released for public use. You can always reach the built-in help functions by pressing "F1". We've also included a basic tutorial document, which you can find in the "Support" directory where you installed GRAW.
After you've made your map, press "Escape" and then "Export" to prepare the map for the game. This will allow you to set some options like lightmaps and level quality. Please note that for large maps rendering these can take a very long time. Once the process has been completed, a file with your maps name and extension .bundle can be found in the custom_levels directory of GRAW. This .bundle file can then be distributed, and is the only result file you need to share. All players wanting to play your map must have a local copy of it.

AI Updates
- AI now correctly identifies mounted weapons and gun nests as threat.
- AI will now attack vehicles with soldiers that they can harm(including helicopters).
- AI will now always go into combat mode if being fired upon.
- AI teammates are more prone to seek lower covers. They will sit down instantly when taking fire.
- AI teammates will try to avoid running in front of you when you are shooting, if you are close enough.

Fixes
- Changed statistics screen for coop to contain more information for all.
- Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in ghost cam when the coop mission ended.
- Fixed a bug where AI statistics were lost when a player respawned.
- You can now aim down while lying down(in prone) where it's natural to do so.
- Strafing after sprinting will no longer instantly bring up your gun.
- Removed a small delay before being able to run after reloading.
- Amount of grenades have been tuned in multiplayer.
- Rust pipes have been fixed.
- Updated some graphics objects to display correctly.
- Regular weapons can no longer blow up barrels.
- MP02(Warehouses) has been updated and some physics effects removed.
- Enemy markers now correctly appear on hostile tanks and helicopters.
- Fixed some minor crashes and bugs.
- Players can now correctly buy more ammo in MP.
- Weapons switch correctly syncronizes in MP.
- Fixed typo that caused the air condition sound to continue after being broken. (Thanks)
- General interface fixes.
- Game no longer crashes if you load a Domination map with no zones.

We'd like to thank the communities at GhostRecon.com and ghostrecon.net for their feedback and bug reports. Special thanks to Nemon for his bundle reader.

Superfly
06-21-06, 11:45 AM
the AA looks like s**t?? - only one choice and it looks like 2xaa (if that)

jAkUp
06-21-06, 11:48 AM
Damn :( What a bad time for my PhysX card to be dead :(

Can anyone post screenies of the AA? I dunno how they are doing it because of the FP16 limitation. It must be something other than true AA. Either that, or you lose HDR and get bloom or something.

agentkay
06-21-06, 11:50 AM
It looks like a postprocessing/blur filter. Some screenies that I found on gr.net.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-1-1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-1-2.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-2-1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-2-2.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=grawaa9kw.jpg

Peoples-Agent
06-21-06, 12:04 PM
the AA looks like s**t?? - only one choice and it looks like 2xaa (if that)

It's not true AA, they have added some form of adaptive blur.

But it looks TONS better than before tbh, I can't imagine playing the game without it.

jAkUp
06-21-06, 12:41 PM
Yea, well true AA is not possible. I'm suprised they are even able to clean the jaggies at all.

CaptNKILL
06-21-06, 12:43 PM
Man, that game's graphics just dont do anything for me at all. :o

Superfly
06-21-06, 12:47 PM
bah - looks terrible.

at least I have Dark Messiah and the Prey demo to play over the summer!!!!

stevemedes
06-21-06, 01:41 PM
Hooray! Time to play through SP with the new features... Looking forward to seeing if the AI is still as stupid.

tertsi
06-21-06, 02:07 PM
Yeah, AA is done with post processing filter like Agentkay said - kind of same technique what I have used with DXTweaker.

I look at this issue later - I'll probably could do better "AA" post processing filter for GRAW.... :)

Peoples-Agent
06-21-06, 03:51 PM
If you turn the Post Effects down to Medium, you get alot less Blur and less jaggies. It's perfect.

shabby
06-21-06, 07:42 PM
It looks like a postprocessing/blur filter. Some screenies that I found on gr.net.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-1-1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-1-2.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-2-1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/16/72272/graw-2-2.jpg

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=grawaa9kw.jpg

Wtf, if i wanted a blur filter i'd just squint my eyes. The jaggies are still there, this doesnt solve anything :thumbdwn:

ynnek
06-23-06, 11:43 PM
blah. single player, i'm starting to become plauged by this crash now... seems to happen when there are alot of tanks..

I sent a complain to support, so I guess I'll see what they say..

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)
data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)
data\levels\mission11\mission11.dsf(0)

agentkay
06-24-06, 05:15 AM
ynnek, are you running any mods or try to start the level by an older (pre 1.16) checkpoint savegame? Since the previous patches had such savegame issues, it wouldn´t surprise me if current one had the same issue as well.

ynnek
06-24-06, 11:23 PM
ynnek, are you running any mods or try to start the level by an older (pre 1.16) checkpoint savegame? Since the previous patches had such savegame issues, it wouldn´t surprise me if current one had the same issue as well.

No mods.. and this savegame is a new 1.16 savegame.. as in i applied the patch a few missions ago..

I played two maps multiplayer, and one of the maps gave me some random wierd CTD's too... BTW, I'm liking the domoniation games....

Deathmatch seems kinda retarded.. mostly cause it seems like 1/2 of the time, I just get spawn killed..

Pennyboy
06-25-06, 11:22 PM
I have just got this game yesterday, I quite enjoy it so far but it runs like a slide show on my PC at any res above 1024x768. I could see why it might strain my 7800GTX SLI rig if the game looked really good, but it doesn't. I wonder how others get on with non-SLI rigs.
I think HL2 looks better than GRAW and I can run it @ 1600x1200 with everything turned on with no problems. Any ideas on how I could get it to run better? do I need 2 7900GTXs with 512mb? I was kinda hoping to hold out to the DX10 cards are released.
I have checked out the tweak guide but that hasn't really offered me any solutions.

agentkay
06-26-06, 07:18 AM
No mods.. and this savegame is a new 1.16 savegame.. as in i applied the patch a few missions ago..

I played two maps multiplayer, and one of the maps gave me some random wierd CTD's too... BTW, I'm liking the domoniation games....

Deathmatch seems kinda retarded.. mostly cause it seems like 1/2 of the time, I just get spawn killed..

I finally got a chance to check out the mission "Ready to bear" and I get the same crash there as well.

Spawn kills suck, but that shouldn´t be a problem when admins would setup servers with a longer spawn invincibility (max. 10 sec).

Darkoz
06-26-06, 10:36 AM
I have just got this game yesterday, I quite enjoy it so far but it runs like a slide show on my PC at any res above 1024x768. I could see why it might strain my 7800GTX SLI rig if the game looked really good, but it doesn't. I wonder how others get on with non-SLI rigs.
I think HL2 looks better than GRAW and I can run it @ 1600x1200 with everything turned on with no problems. Any ideas on how I could get it to run better? do I need 2 7900GTXs with 512mb? I was kinda hoping to hold out to the DX10 cards are released.
I have checked out the tweak guide but that hasn't really offered me any solutions.

That doesn't sound right, with x2 7800GTX in SLI you shouldn't have any problem running at that resolution.
I'm playing GRAW with a single 7800GTX 512MB at a native resolution of 1920x1200 on my DELL 24" all settings on high without a hitch.
Maybe check the rest of your system out for a possible cause.

K-1
06-26-06, 11:19 AM
I agree Darkoz, with a single 7900GT I'm running smoothly at 1280x1024.

ynnek
06-26-06, 11:38 AM
The maps in GRAW are ALOT bigger and more detailed than HL2/CS:S.. It feels like there are more objects in a single city block of GRAW than there is in a whole map of HL2..

Pennyboy
06-26-06, 05:24 PM
That doesn't sound right, with x2 7800GTX in SLI you shouldn't have any problem running at that resolution.
I'm playing GRAW with a single 7800GTX 512MB at a native resolution of 1920x1200 on my DELL 24" all settings on high without a hitch.
Maybe check the rest of your system out for a possible cause.

Yeah I thought that wasn't right. But its weird because all the other games I play run sweet eg BF2, FEAR, COD2, HL2. @ 1600x1200 everything maxed with 4X antialiasing. Its hard to explain but when moving the mouse its just really laggy feeling and you move around in slow motion kinda, but when I say slow motion I don't mean there are pauses or hitches. Sorry I can't explain it better than that. I really need to use the FRAPS tool to find out what frames i'm actually getting.
I have just ordered a SB X-Fi and i will reload my rig once it arrives. I will also use the new 90 series drivers because at the moment I'm running the 84.23's. Also should I be able to run the game @ high detail ok by forcing it even though I have just 256mb cards?

K-1
06-26-06, 09:55 PM
Also should I be able to run the game @ high detail ok by forcing it even though I have just 256mb cards?

The only thing I would suggest forcing to high is Character textures. When you go into the config file you'll see that even at medium quality, quite a few textures are still set to high. Characters are set to medium, and there's a huge improvement going to high, for everything else at medium, not that much of a difference and you'll definitely start to feel some hitching with everything on high.

Pennyboy
06-26-06, 11:15 PM
The only thing I would suggest forcing to high is Character textures. When you go into the config file you'll see that even at medium quality, quite a few textures are still set to high. Characters are set to medium, and there's a huge improvement going to high, for everything else at medium, not that much of a difference and you'll definitely start to feel some hitching with everything on high.

Thanks K-1!, I will do what you have suggested and let you know how it works out.

ynnek
06-27-06, 01:29 AM
I finally got a chance to check out the mission "Ready to bear" and I get the same crash there as well.

Spawn kills suck, but that shouldn´t be a problem when admins would setup servers with a longer spawn invincibility (max. 10 sec).

ubisoft gave me a pretty standard form reply. I replied that all my stuff was up to date and my computer seems fine yadda yadda yadda, and asked them for anything else.