PDA

View Full Version : How works the oc with 9x.xx drivers ?

billos
06-21-06, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I don't understand how works the overclocking (i have a 7800 gtx) with the new 9x.xx drivers (which include the new control panel)

Before that, each time i changed my driver, i used to set Coolbits to a and then i could enable the overclocking and set the frequencies i wanted on the GPU and Memory.

Now i've tried this (setting 'a' on Coolbits in the registry) in the 91.31 . Once i reopen the panel, i see an overclock section in which i can enable an overclock but i can't specify any frequency ?? Is it automatic and if yes how does it work ???

I really don't get it

Thx

rewt
06-21-06, 01:48 PM
Works fine here. But I still use the classic control panel to overclock.

If you merge the .reg file below into your registry you will have menu for the classic control panel on your desktop and tray icon. Coolbits being set to ffffffff will enable all the coolbits tweaks such as SLI options (if you have an SLI system), Overclocking, and Advanced Direct3D as well.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:3
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:3

billos
06-21-06, 04:56 PM
Works fine here. But I still use the classic control panel to overclock.

If you merge the .reg file below into your registry you will have menu for the classic control panel on your desktop and tray icon. Coolbits being set to ffffffff will enable all the coolbits tweaks such as SLI options (if you have an SLI system), Overclocking, and Advanced Direct3D as well.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:3
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:3

Thank u very much for ur support :clap: