PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

Toss3
06-21-06, 01:53 PM
Okey, so this is what happened:

I had a glass of water near my laptop and clumsy as I was I managed to spill alot of water on it. The laptop was running and I tried to shut it off as fast as I could, but it didn't work, it just started to log out of windows. Then I had a nice BSOD. I've experienced water leaks in my desktop comp several times(watercooling) and my comp always works after I clean it up and dry everything off. But this laptop just won't open! How am I supposed to dry anything that's sealed shut? I got it like 90 percent open by losing the screws. But there is some part on the right hand side that still won't budge. Can anyone please help me open this sucker or point me to a manual of how to open a laptop? I'd definately appreciate any help I can get. :(

The model is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M 7400. I'll never drink near my comp again!

EDIT: Tried turning it on and it worked. I got as far as the desktop before it bsodded again. Then the screen didn't work, tried drying it some more and the screen started working again. Then bsod again. I guess it's not 100% dry yet, so I should probably try to dry it some more and see how it feels tomorrow.

a12ctic
06-21-06, 02:06 PM

I had a glass of water near my laptop and clumsy as I was I managed to spill alot of water on it. The laptop was running and I tried to shut it off as fast as I could, but it didn't work, it just started to log out of windows. Then I had a nice BSOD. I've experienced water leaks in my desktop comp several times(watercooling) and my comp always works after I clean it up and dry everything off. But this laptop just won't open! How am I supposed to dry anything that's sealed shut? I got it like 90 percent open by losing the screws. But there is some part on the right hand side that still won't budge. Can anyone please help me open this sucker or point me to a manual of how to open a laptop? I'd definately appreciate any help I can get. :(

The model is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M 7400. I'll never drink near my comp again!
maby just put it outside and let it dry in the sun for a few hours

Toss3
06-21-06, 02:12 PM
maby just put it outside and let it dry in the sun for a few hours
Well I tried blow-drying it, now I think I'll wait for an hour or two and see if that did anything. It's late in the evening here 10pm, so it's not so warm outside anymore and tomorrow we'll have rain according to the weather forcast. :( Thanks for the suggestion though.

a12ctic
06-21-06, 02:15 PM
oh i didnt notice you were from finland

children of bodom :headbang:

ViN86
06-21-06, 02:48 PM

EDIT: Tried turning it on and it worked. I got as far as the desktop before it bsodded again. Then the screen didn't work, tried drying it some more and the screen started working again. Then bsod again. I guess it's not 100% dry yet, so I should probably try to dry it some more and see how it feels tomorrow.

or you could start drinking distilled water :D

Toss3
06-21-06, 02:53 PM
or you could start drinking distilled water :D
The water here is almost as clean as distilled water anyways, but drinking distilled water would solve some problems! :D

EDIT: My lappy is working again, for now. :)

einstein_314
06-21-06, 03:33 PM
The water here is almost as clean as distilled water anyways, but drinking distilled water would solve some problems! :D

EDIT: My lappy is working again, for now. :)
Sweet!! Good to hear it's working again.