PDA

View Full Version : A8N32-SLi toast or 7950 DOA?

SilentMercury
06-22-06, 02:33 PM
I just recently bought a A8N32-SLi mobo with a 7900GTX. The GTX was fine for a couple days and then it went to hell. As a replacement, I just bought a 7950GX2 and now my computer has no display and doesn't boot properly. To help troubleshoot, I just walked in the door with a 7600 GT OC, installed it, and it still won't boot properly and no display, so I think it could be the mobo. What should I do? I was thinking about going out and picking up another A8N32-SLi to help troubleshoot. I really need some advice. Thankx.

SilentMercury
06-22-06, 03:22 PM
Ummmm...Yeah... I just took everything out and put it back together and now I have a display, but something still doesn't seem right. I'll let you guys know in my next post if I am a moron or not.

SilentMercury
06-22-06, 05:43 PM
Apparently the 24 pin ATX connector does not seem to sit very well in my mobo (darn you BFG). I jiggled it after a power down, and when I started it up it had no display again. I reseated the ATX connector firmly and noticed that the stiffness of the cables causes the connector to loosen from the mobo because it is bent at an angle. After rearranging the cables, I powered up and here I am posting. This thread probably wasn't helpful to anyone, so I apologize.

Dazz
06-22-06, 05:46 PM
Have you got the latest BIOS i heard you NEED the lates BIOS for it to work correctly.

shungokusatsu
06-22-06, 06:09 PM
Be sure to use biod 1205, it should make things go more smoothly as it was made just for the 7950 GX2.

SilentMercury
06-22-06, 06:54 PM
I've had the 1205 bios since my 7900GTX, so it was not the problem. Everything is fine and dandy now. I am installing FEAR right now to test this sucker out. I think the cooling kinda stinks on this thing.

SilentMercury
06-22-06, 08:29 PM
This Card Rules.

OWA
06-22-06, 10:28 PM
So, what fixed it? Was it just taking everything out and putting it back in (maybe a bad connection or something)? Anyway, congrats on getting it working.

SilentMercury
06-23-06, 01:16 AM
It was the 24 ATX connector. All pins were not making contact due to the stiffness of the wire shielding on my power supply. The connection was being forced out because of the angle of the bent wiring. After making sure it was seated properly and a few adjustments of the wiring layout, I have had no problems reoccur.