View Full Version : 91.31 WHQL's out

Pages : [1] 2 3

shungokusatsu
06-23-06, 08:09 PM
Get them while there hot, hopefully this fixes some Quad problems

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

CaptNKILL
06-23-06, 08:15 PM
I think WHQL drivers are identical to non WHQL ones. I doubt it fixes anything... or else it would be a different version number :p

I got the 91.31 WHQL drivers from guru3d a few days ago anyway.

K007
06-23-06, 08:20 PM
Yea i think we saw some posts about this..most of which were making fun of it ><

shungokusatsu
06-23-06, 08:24 PM
They are the same damn thing, no changes :thumbdwn: I want Quad SLI support dammit

nekrosoft13
06-23-06, 08:39 PM
umm

why does it say 21mb, but when you download the file its 40mb :|

garikfox
06-23-06, 09:31 PM
umm

why does it say 21mb, but when you download the file its 40mb :|

Re-DL U had a hickup hehee. :D

shungokusatsu
06-23-06, 09:38 PM
Re-DL U had a hickup hehee. :D
He's right, it states 21mb, but the files actually 40.3 MB.

BWX
06-23-06, 09:51 PM
What the heck? I have been using 91.28's because of this (below) on the .31 betas.. Now I get the WHQL, and they couldn't even fix that?

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6392/nvbs0pu.jpg

Is there a fix for this besides turning all pop up bubbles off? The really crappy part is that I turn the taskbar icon off, and it still pops up every time.. I cannot be bothered with that nonsense every reboot. Also if you click on it, it opens a web-page.. that's really ridiculous.

shungokusatsu
06-23-06, 09:59 PM
What the heck? I have been using 91.28's because of this (below) on the .31 betas.. Now I get the WHQL, and they couldn't even fix that?

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6392/nvbs0pu.jpg

Is there a fix for this besides turning all pop up bubbles off? The really crappy part is that I turn the taskbar icon off, and it still pops up every time.. I cannot be bothered with that nonsense every reboot. Also if you click on it, it opens a web-page.. that's really ridiculous.
If your using the new cp, simply go in options and remove the taskbar icon. Then right click it and hit exit and it will be gone for good.

BWX
06-23-06, 10:06 PM
If your using the new cp, simply go in options and remove the taskbar icon. Then right click it and hit exit and it will be gone for good.
I tried that, but it keeps popping up. I switched back to the old control panel because I use a custom resolution on my CRT. Custom res's work perfect on the old CP, but are completely messed up on the new CP.

I'll try to go back to the new CP now, do what you say and see if it works.

EDIT----

Ok, for the record:

That (quoted) is misinformation.

The option is clearly broken in these drivers.

Doing what you says changes nothing.. Old or new CP, that keeps popping up just like in the .31 BETAS.

Why would they release onther driver with these same well documented and totally annoying bugs? It makes no sense. :banghead:

Back to the 91.28's I guess..

edit- looking at your sig, it seems you have an SLI setup, so how could you test this? If you have a non SLI setup- please test it.

shungokusatsu
06-23-06, 10:25 PM
I tried that, but it keeps popping up. I switched back to the old control panel because I use a custom resolution on my CRT. Custom res's work perfect on the old CP, but are completely messed up on the new CP.

I'll try to go back to the new CP now, do what you say and see if it works.

EDIT----

Ok, for the record:

That (quoted) is misinformation.

The option is clearly broken in these drivers.

Doing what you says changes nothing.. Old or new CP, that keeps popping up just like in the .31 BETAS.

Why would they release onther driver with these same well documented and totally annoying bugs? It makes no sense. :banghead:

Back to the 91.28's I guess..

This is the first time I've heard of these issues, haven't had any problems with the 31s.

BWX
06-23-06, 10:39 PM
This is the first time I've heard of these issues, haven't had any problems with the 31s.
Yeah I imagine it only affect people with a non-SLI setup. I heard about it when the .31 betas came out.. That is why I never used them. I was thinking it would be fixed now. Oh well. No biggie, I am thinking now that Nvidia wants only SLI users to use these drivers.

F_L_C
06-23-06, 10:43 PM

Doesn't surprise me. It's the exact same behavior as the leaked WHQL 91.31 from Station. To fix this bug add the new dword at the following reg key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplEnableMultiGPUConfigurationPage"=dword:0

This will kill the fkn pop up message for non-SLI users and for systems that don't even support SLI (like mine). It will also allow you to kill the tray app for good like all drivers prior to 91.31.

BWX
06-23-06, 11:22 PM
Doesn't surprise me. It's the exact same behavior as the leaked WHQL 91.31 from Station. To fix this bug add the new dword at the following reg key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplEnableMultiGPUConfigurationPage"=dword:0

This will kill the fkn pop up message for non-SLI users and for systems that don't even support SLI (like mine). It will also allow you to kill the tray app for good like all drivers prior to 91.31.

EDIT- that doesn't work, it breaks the profiles and other things-

try this instead.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760&p_created=1137546131&p_sid=GAn_*Rai&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NDgmcF9wcm9kcz0yJnBfY2F0cz02MCZwX3B2PTE uMjsyLnUwJnBfY3Y9MS42MDsyLnUwJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9Y W5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R leHQ9c2xpIGRpc2FibGVkIG1lc3NhZ2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

garikfox
06-24-06, 01:02 AM
Mess with this OC mess with this etc etc etc...sometimes yer system just is asking you to redo it, lol

:D

BWX
06-24-06, 01:34 AM
Mess with this OC mess with this etc etc etc...sometimes yer system just is asking you to redo it, lol

:D
not sure what that means.. but these drivers have a bug, not people's systems.

egyteam
06-24-06, 01:46 AM
BWX: did the registry hack solve the sli bug message ?

BWX
06-24-06, 01:50 AM
Edit- NO it does not work- it BREAKS all the profiles and who knows what else.

Try this instead.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760&p_created=1137546131&p_sid=GAn_*Rai&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NDgmcF9wcm9kcz0yJnBfY2F0cz02MCZwX3B2PTE uMjsyLnUwJnBfY3Y9MS42MDsyLnUwJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9Y W5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R leHQ9c2xpIGRpc2FibGVkIG1lc3NhZ2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

YES.. I just tested it out finally. (I have been surfing and other stuff since I applied the hack)..

I applied reg hack.. went into the new NV CP.. Then I enabled and disabled the icon.. and rebooted, problem gone.

now I dunno if the rest was necessary or not, I just did it to avoid having to reboot 2 times.

Now I am going to try the regular old CP.. I think that shouldn't make a difference, hopefully it works when using the old one too.

F_L_C
06-24-06, 02:12 AM
...hopefully it works when using the old one too.

Yeah, it'll work with the old CP. And don't thank me, thank Hase1 for posting the workaround in another thread. Although I found another solution that'll also work and that is to delete the NvCpl.dll subkey under:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\MediaCenterTray].

But as you can see, Hase1's method is much better. BTW, it would'nt surprise me if this bug is indeed "intentional". I'm betting us non-SLI peeps will need to use this new reg entry from now on. Aside from the BS, the driver is great...especially for Oblivion.

BWX
06-24-06, 03:29 AM
Why on God's Green Earth would it be intentional?

It makes abso-freaking-lutely NO sense whatsoever!

RejZoR
06-24-06, 04:55 AM
It's crap. Buggy on all ends even where there ain't any.
I've downloaded ENGLISH version and got ****in internationalized Control Panel. WTF!? And bunch of other stupidities. Makes me wonder how the f**k they have guts to release such crap? It really wonders me...

Effexor
06-24-06, 06:52 AM
Yeah that 'SLI has been disabled' pop-up is completely intentional. It's a slight nag to keep reminding non-SLI people to consider SLI.

RejZoR
06-24-06, 08:42 AM
Yes and i just might stuck second graphic card into mi regular PCI slot right? Cough, cough... At least they should limit this crap to PCI-E cards only (when SLi ready mobo is available). Otherwise it's just plain dumb and god damn annoying.

JMerrick
06-24-06, 09:14 AM
NVIDIA are clowns. Instead of fixing existing bugs, they go and overhaul the driver set yet again and break a million more things.

JRd1st
06-24-06, 09:46 AM
Why on God's Green Earth would it be intentional?

It makes abso-freaking-lutely NO sense whatsoever!
It does seem stupid, but if everyone else knows how to fix it, then they surely could have added one line to the inf.

I'm thinking they want to be sure everyone sees that SLi Adware you get linked to if you click the balloon to "fix the problem".