PDA

View Full Version : God Of War2 new trailers..

Pages : [1] 2

Nv40
06-24-06, 01:16 AM
New GOW2 trailers..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11520&type=mov&pl=game

check the ones the latest ones posted this month.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2567

if they can do that in a PS2.. :wtf: water reflections ,good looking fire effects ,big outdoors , with awesome gameplay. Just imagine how much better they will do in the PS3 with 16xtimes more memory and more than 100x floating point performance. Gow2 looks like a good looking directx8 PC game..amazing.

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 02:39 AM
Looks just as good as the original, Wont say it looks any better though. Just more art this time. They do seem to be having an issue with the camera still, hopefully it will be fixed by its release next year.

Oh and wrong forum, we have a console sub forum which you know about... bad Nv40!

muaddib
06-24-06, 04:49 AM
I do too think it looks better, especially when observing the light-rays, outdoors (pay attention to the new, enriching elements, such as birds), improved textures and arts. The models are better too (in the previous game, you couldn't even tell the cyclop was one-eyed. Now it's obvious).

I can't wait.

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 05:06 AM
Yeah, Seriously I could never tell the Cyclops had one eye in the origina...

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/919864_20040409_screen004.jpg
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/919864_20040409_screen002.jpg

muaddib
06-24-06, 05:13 AM
It wasn't as half as noticeable in the game comparing to those pictures, and Kratos and other characters don't appear as big, focused and detailed on a mainstream TV (not when sitting one centimenter from it). In GoW2, I could easily spot this is a one-eyed creature solely by watching a puny gameplay movie. Besides, maybe you have a truly superb vision :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 05:33 AM
It wasn't as half as noticeable in the game comparing to those pictures, and Kratos and other characters don't appear as big, focused and detailed on a mainstream TV (not when sitting one centimenter from it). In GoW2, I could easily spot this is a one-eyed creature solely by watching a puny gameplay movie. Besides, maybe you have a truly superb vision :rolleyes:

Those are the same models used ingame so if they are visible now they would be visible ingame as long as the camera is close enough... even in GoW2 if the camera is far away makes it hard to see small details.

Get your eyes checked... it was always visible, heres another shot from further away.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9610/godofwar200406100548049012hr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You and Nv40 are probably the greatest of friends, you two seem to love to blow the smallest things out of proportions. Seeing birds in the game doesn't make the graphics better and neither does adding ray of lights (which were in the original aswell). Its just more models and art since they know more about the engine and its capablities but its not "better" graphics.

ralinn
06-24-06, 07:45 AM
I enjoyed the first one, but all the jumping puzzles towards the end really started to irritate me. Although this looks good, it looks a little TOO much like the previous game so I doubt I'll be rushing out to buy it when it's released.

Of course this may change with more footage in the future :)

shabby
06-24-06, 09:12 AM
I think i see a nipple...

raystorm
06-24-06, 09:36 AM
I enjoyed the first one, but all the jumping puzzles towards the end really started to irritate me.

Yea, I totally loved the first one and didn't care for some of the jumping puzzles near the end of the game. Even the devs admitted some of the stuff like those spiked columns you jump up on were a dumb idea and they won't repeat that. Good!

I think GoW2 will be a great sendoff for the PS2 as the PS3 comes on the horizon.

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 09:36 AM
I think i see a nipple...

The original game had tons of boobies and even a sex mini game.

shabby
06-24-06, 01:38 PM
The original game had tons of boobies and even a sex mini game.

OH NOES, where was jack thompson when you needed him?!?!? :)

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 01:42 PM
OH NOES, where was jack thompson when you needed him?!?!? :)

He has no case on GoW, It's clearly labeled on the case that the game contains Nudity and Sexual Themes... I don't think the game will influence kids... unless they are stupid enough to think they can tie knives to rope and act like Kratos....

Nitz Walsh
06-24-06, 02:01 PM
Of course it looks like a DX8 PC game when it's been downswampled from an extremely high resolution and therefore gets something like 16XAA in the screenshots - the game running on PS2 hardware obviously will be jaggy-heaven.

Now uh...what the heck does this have to do with PC gaming?

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 02:06 PM
Of course it looks like a DX8 PC game when it's been downswampled from an extremely high resolution and therefore gets something like 16XAA in the screenshots - the game running on PS2 hardware obviously will be jaggy-heaven.

Actually the game is pretty smooth looking, they use AA in the final game aswell as have it running in 480p at 16:9, which is great for the PS2. I hope they can push it to 1080i.

Buenamos
06-25-06, 01:03 AM
Not gonna argue about the gameplay, GOW had amazing gameplay. But personally, the graphics weren't anything special in that video...maybe it's just me.

ralinn
06-25-06, 07:36 AM
Yea, I totally loved the first one and didn't care for some of the jumping puzzles near the end of the game. Even the devs admitted some of the stuff like those spiked columns you jump up on were a dumb idea and they won't repeat that. Good!

I think GoW2 will be a great sendoff for the PS2 as the PS3 comes on the horizon.
Spiked columns... oh god, I'm getting flash backs!

They very nearly made me cry I think!

(climb climb climb) *Stab* (fall) "eeeeeeeeek" *thud*
(climb climb climb) "Woot, near the top!" *Stab* "SH!T." (fall) *thud*

SH64
06-25-06, 04:51 PM
Nice! never knew that God of War is coming to PC!

anticitizenzero
06-25-06, 06:54 PM
Looks like ass if you ask me :)

|MaguS|
06-26-06, 02:45 AM
Nice! never knew that God of War is coming to PC!

It's not...

SH64
06-26-06, 07:17 AM
It's not...
The why its in the PC gaming forum :confused:

|MaguS|
06-26-06, 07:30 AM
The why its in the PC gaming forum :confused:

Because Nv40 isn't very bright...

Zelda_fan
06-26-06, 11:37 AM
Because Nv40 isn't very bright...

:udawg:

I have to say after watching this video God of War looks like a lot of fun. Zelda-style gameplay, but with a Greek mythology art direction.

|MaguS|
06-26-06, 11:39 AM
:udawg:

I have to say after watching this video God of War looks like a lot of fun. Zelda-style gameplay, but with a Greek mythology art direction.

Not at all like Zelda... Zelda has very simplistic combat. God of War has a free flowing combo fighting style (I have gotten over 80 hit combos) aswell as it being purly action based. Theres no adventure aspect to the game and its all level based, not like zeldas open world.

If you want to compare it to anything I would say its a platformer on crack...

Zelda_fan
06-26-06, 11:51 AM
Not at all like Zelda... Zelda has very simplistic combat. God of War has a free flowing combo fighting style (I have gotten over 80 hit combos) aswell as it being purly action based. Theres no adventure aspect to the game and its all level based, not like zeldas open world.

If you want to compare it to anything I would say its a platformer on crack...

Well I mean to say it's like Zelda in the sense that you have to do a little puzzle solving to progress through the game, not just mindless beating the **** out of things.

I may just have to buy a PS2 to play these games.

|MaguS|
06-26-06, 11:54 AM
God of War is well worth the purchase of a PS2, Its ony $19.99 and there are so many other exclusive titles that are must plays, like ICO and Shadows of Colossus.