PDA

View Full Version : 7900GTX Score on 3dmark05..is this ok?

K007
06-24-06, 04:49 AM

All defaults (as the driver installed) so vsync might ahve been on i think. 84.21

PS:can somenoe tell me if its normal for my HDD to show upas a removal disk?

|MaguS|
06-24-06, 04:56 AM
What kind of HDD do you have? SATA? Then yes since SATA Drives are able to be hot swapped (removed without turning off the PC).

As for the score, couldn't tell ya. Haven't put 3DMark on my system in a long time, such a useless program.

K007
06-24-06, 05:05 AM
What kind of HDD do you have? SATA? Then yes since SATA Drives are able to be hot swapped (removed without turning off the PC).

As for the score, couldn't tell ya. Haven't put 3DMark on my system in a long time, such a useless program.

Aa cool. I guess its ok then. for the SATA HDD i ran the test on the device manager i got Burst Speed 215, Sustained 82.8..sound about right?

For the GPU i guess its ok, i am installing CS:S right now and gonna run a test, installing 05/running it was quicker ><.

Thinking about dropping Active Armor and going to marvel Lan connector / NI 2005..something about the armor..just dosent feel right.i feel as if the hdd is lagging or something..

Xion X2
06-24-06, 08:01 AM
Your score's a little low, I think. I scored 10,480 w/ my GTX and CPU (2.2gHz) at stock speeds and Crucial DDR400 RAM at default timings. 3dM05 doesn't utilize dual-core, so I was running on a single core 2.2, like you, so at the time we had very similar setups.

Your HDD has very little to do with real-word performance other than getting rid of pauses and affecting load times. You're not likely to see much of a difference in benchmarking between different HDD's; my guess would be less than 100 points on 3dMark, if that.

I never had much luck w/ the A8N-SLi board you have. It's the first board I bought for my new build and the first one I returned.

One thing I would definitely recommend that you check is your memory. Make sure it's running in dual-channel mode, because if not it can knock your scores on the setup you and I have down to around 9,500 or so. It makes a very significant difference in performance. Check your board manual and bios and make sure it's situated right on your motherboard.

I can't remember how the memory was mapped on the A8N-SLi, but my MSI makes you put both two sticks on the right in order to run dual-channel. That's where I first screwed up and I was getting around the same scores you're getting now until I fixed it.

K007
06-24-06, 09:06 AM
Yea i noticed i had vsync on..i think this would have really effected the score. I ran nvidia control panel i must have forgotten to save the settings..i was thinking maybe its on because i thought it was a bit strange that fps sometimes got stuck constant 60/30..but i aint gonna run it again i even unistall it..cbf with the CPU TEST O.O

I also dropped Active Armor/using other marvel connection/NI2005..computer feels much smoother now.

Xion X2
06-24-06, 09:11 AM
Well, unless you have the retail version of 3dMark v-sync should be disabled by the program, anyway...

3dM05 free version defaults w/ no v-sync; you can't turn it on and have it effective.

K007
06-24-06, 09:15 AM
meh i might try it out later but cbf right now with it, i only ran one test/unistall ><. Its running sweet on BF2/Q4/CS:S/NFS:MW using 84.21 (the nvidia site stuff whql).

Also i like to add that my gpu runs 650/1600, i notice on this review

http://guru3d.com/article/content/340/11/

the 7900GTX runs at 650/1700 the XXX version 700/1800 and the 3dmark05 score isent much big gap..nothing big deal for me..games run sweet, thats all i care ><, but the score is good to know just incase something hasen't ****ed up big time like not enuf power etc..i think its fine i played like 2 hours of bf2 without problems.

kwynjunk
06-24-06, 09:31 AM

All defaults (as the driver installed) so vsync might ahve been on i think. 84.21

PS:can somenoe tell me if its normal for my HDD to show upas a removal disk?

Pretty close. On my 7900GTX (it was factory OC'd can't remember the clocks though) I scored 10407 so that doesn't seem so far off. Also I have the fx60 which is probably a little faster than what you have, so your score is close to where it should be, I think.

Also, my Raptor shows up as removable too. That's normal.