PDA

View Full Version : Sever Display Issue with 91.31

Natalia
06-24-06, 04:41 PM
I recently updated to the new ForceWare 91.31 WHQL Certified Final Release drivers that were made available on June 23, 2006. I am getting a very strange issue in that wherever there is a great amount of the color blue, the display goes haywire, where the alternating values of blue flicker a yellow/green color. This is mostly seen in the skies of games, where there is obviously a great deal of blue to be seen. What’s more strange is that when I disable SLI the problem goes away. When I do have SLI enabled the only way I am able to get rid of the effect is to alter the gamma and contrast values inside the NVIDIA control panel to a point where the whole screen looks washed out and terrible. During normal Windows usage, the problem doesn’t exist, only when running games. In order to capture what the effect looked like I had to use a digital camera as FRAPS or other screenshot methods did not show the issue. The images enclosed are from Tomb Raider, and Oblivion, although other games are showing it too. This anomaly was never there when using the 84.XX drivers. The ONLY change that has been made to my computer since the last time I played without error has been the new drivers. I would really prefer to keep the new 91.31 drivers as I get a noticeable FPS increase across the board. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD FX-55 San Diego
Two (2) XFX GeForce 5900 GTX 512MB
Corsair 2X1024 MB RAM Dual Channel
Soundblaster Audigy 4
Dell 30” LCD @ 2560X1600

Natalia
06-26-06, 11:31 PM
bump :P

shungokusatsu
06-26-06, 11:54 PM
Weird, is digital vibrance or a specific color setting all the way up in the cp? Give the beta 91.31's a try.

Natalia
06-28-06, 12:30 AM
Weird, is digital vibrance or a specific color setting all the way up in the cp? Give the beta 91.31's a try.

Neither settings are different from the default level. Also the beta's, both 91.31 and 91.29, gave the same issue.

Natalia
07-02-06, 12:34 PM
/bumpage

Stoneyguy
07-03-06, 03:16 AM
sure your working with 32 bit color? It seems that some people have had their color depth changed to 16 bit when installing those drivers. perhaps that could be a cause for you problem? :confused:

Natalia
07-03-06, 12:56 PM
sure your working with 32 bit color? It seems that some people have had their color depth changed to 16 bit when installing those drivers. perhaps that could be a cause for you problem? :confused:

Nope, I check and still set on 32 Bit