PDA

View Full Version : were the new nvidia drivers tested at all?

trek554
06-24-06, 05:19 PM
did nvidia even test their 91.31 drivers? in my control panel it says my card supports sli even though it doesnt. when i start my computer i get a message saying "sli multi gpu rendering has been changed to independent because one of my sli cards has been removed."

WTF IS GOING ON BECAUSE I HAVE A 6600 AGP? also when my computer comes out of standby the refresh rate goes back to 60 on my crt. i even have refresh rate overide on and that makes no difference. i have never had trouble with nvidia drivers before.

Electronic Punk
06-24-06, 05:22 PM
I suspect something like SLI being broken might have been mentioned by now.
It seems like you have an issue not the drivers.

Try using www.drivercleaner.net and if that doesn't work roll back to some older drivers that do work.

superklye
06-24-06, 05:23 PM
I, too, am having problems, though not SLI related, but weird color artifacts in FEAR and HL2.

trek554
06-24-06, 05:52 PM
I suspect something like SLI being broken might have been mentioned by now.
It seems like you have an issue not the drivers.

Try using www.drivercleaner.net and if that doesn't work roll back to some older drivers that do work. how can i have an issue? the new drivers are detecting my agp card as an sli capable card. theres nothing on my end that can cuase that. i dont even have a pci-e slot.

BWX
06-25-06, 01:51 AM
try this for Nvidia's stupid pop up advertising.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=760&p_created=1137546131&p_sid=GAn_*Rai&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NDgmcF9wcm9kcz0yJnBfY2F0cz02MCZwX3B2PTE uMjsyLnUwJnBfY3Y9MS42MDsyLnUwJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9Y W5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R leHQ9c2xpIGRpc2FibGVkIG1lc3NhZ2U*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Nvidia is freaking stupid for releasing this garbage... I had respect for the driver team up until now. They need to fix this stuff before releasing official drivers.

lowdog
06-25-06, 08:47 PM
Nvidia drivers are becoming more CRAPTACULAR with each new release. :thumbdwn:

SLippe
06-26-06, 07:16 AM
These 91.31 drivers suck arse.

Riptide
06-26-06, 08:26 AM
lol

Shows you just how much WHQL certified means.

nekrosoft13
06-26-06, 09:52 AM
WHQL just means that MS tested them and drivers will not cause system instabilities, freezes and or crashes, WHQL has nothind to do with overall driver performance, or features.

Riptide
06-26-06, 10:27 AM
I've had WHQL drivers that exhibited problems with freezing and BSOD.

nekrosoft13
06-26-06, 01:25 PM
that most likelly was caused by something else in the system

MS usally test on few configurations, they can't possibly cover every device, bios, software, etc.. they don't even try that.

in my opinion WHQL is only good for one reason, it pressures companies into trying to make a better driver. Other then that WHQL is useless.

Riptide
06-26-06, 01:30 PM
that most likelly was caused by something else in the systemMaybe. Maybe not.
MS usally test on few configurations, they can't possibly cover every device, bios, software, etc.. they don't even try that.Also another reason that WHQL really doesn't mean all that much. I don't think we disagree on that really. It's a very basic level of QC.

blurp
06-26-06, 08:05 PM
did nvidia even test their 91.31 drivers? in my control panel it says my card supports sli even though it doesnt. when i start my computer i get a message saying "sli multi gpu rendering has been changed to independent because one of my sli cards has been removed."

WTF IS GOING ON BECAUSE I HAVE A 6600 AGP? also when my computer comes out of standby the refresh rate goes back to 60 on my crt. i even have refresh rate overide on and that makes no difference. i have never had trouble with nvidia drivers before.

When my comp comes out of hibernation, my GPU speed does not throttle betwen 2D (275mHz) and 3D (650mHz) anymore. I'm stuck at 275! I have to restart and avoid using hibernation. That sucks. Anyone noticed it?

Badboy_12345
06-27-06, 05:52 PM
WHQL just means that MS tested them and drivers will not cause system instabilities, freezes and or crashes, WHQL has nothind to do with overall driver performance, or features.

old drivers: videos functioned fine
Installed new 91.31 drivers: must restart my comp if I turn on any kind of video file...

tell me thats not system instability :thumbdwn:

Stoneyguy
06-27-06, 06:34 PM
sounds like a beta driver to me.... oh wait...