PDA

View Full Version : Computer Wont Turn On Please Help.

CDE_1246
06-25-06, 09:54 PM
After i added a new power supply to my computer it turned on and ran fine and then i had to shut it down and then later i turned it back on and it froze at the booting screen and then i cleared my CMOS to try and fix it and then i tried turning it back on and nothing happened i tried my other psu and nothing..... ive tried removing ram,video card and hard drive nothing still... i dont think i fried my motherboard. its been like this for a week and i really wanna get my computer working again. Thanks alot for any reply.

My Computer:
AMD Athlon 3700+,Nvidia GeForce 6800Agp,Ultra X-Finity 500watt(new PSU),1gb Pqi ram and Aspire X-Cruiser case

Pics:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18992&stc=1&d=1151286621

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=18993&stc=1&d=1151286621

rflair
06-25-06, 10:30 PM
Try running the motherboard out of the case, on a anti-static bag, with just the CPU and PSU hooked up.

Did you try taking a multimeter to the new PSU make sure its ok?

From what you described it sounds like the motherboard died.

CDE_1246
06-25-06, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. How do i get the mobo to turn on when its out side of the case should i just turn on the psu to get it to go on? And should i have the processor on the mobo? I know the psu is not dead cuz the light on my mouse turned on.

Roadhog
06-25-06, 11:38 PM
that looks like a cheap motherboard, I wouldn't doubt it died.

CDE_1246
06-26-06, 01:09 PM
Yeah it is a pretty cheap motherboard when i built my computer I had like no money but im taking my motherboard out of the case and try turning it on from there and then if it dosent turn well i guess its fried.

nekrosoft13
06-26-06, 02:13 PM
no offense but those Ultra power supplys are really really bad.

i would never again build a PC with Ultra PSU, i wouldn't even recommend one to my worst enemy, that would be to cruel.

I had one, my friend had one, both system were acting up, i ended up with one bad memory strick, one broken HDD, and one bad Optical drive. PSU was supplying unstable voltage.

my friend end up with two bad hdds, bad video card (x800) and bad sound card.

that was about a year and half, now i'm running on Seasonic 600W, never had a power issue again.

BIOS showed up values close to required voltage, but checking with Multimeter proved otherwise, and there spikes.

CDE_1246
06-26-06, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought Ultra was a good brand. I looked at the reviews on tigerdirect and it got a 5 star rating: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1273338&sku=ULT31846
What ultra psu did u have? Do you think my mobo is fried cuz of the psu? I dont think the ultra psu i got was bad.

nekrosoft13
06-26-06, 04:02 PM
all ultra PSU are bad, i had the modular one, and my friend had the same on that you have

CDE_1246
06-26-06, 05:34 PM
What are the signs that your motherboard is fried? Because i tested my video card,hard drive and ram and they all work fine.

ViN86
06-26-06, 07:10 PM
you dont have another psu to test it? i mean, it doesnt have to be massive. with just CPU and mobo a 200W PSU or whatever you have should be able to turn it on.

if everything works fine except for the mobo, then you know its fried. otherwise, you gotta think of mix and match combos to test it by itself.

CDE_1246
06-26-06, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the reply but i finally found out what it was i was trying stuff out and i put my cmos connector on clear and i tried turning on my computer and it went on! now everything works fine and the psu is very nice and quiet.