PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dvd burner reading what it wrote..

Airbrushkid
06-27-06, 05:21 AM
Hello,
I have a LiteOn DVDRW SOHW-1633S and amd using Nero 7 Ultra up todate. Never had this problem. I can burn a dvd but whem I put the disk into the drive it cannot read it. I'm very lost to way this is happening. Can someone help??? Btw th OS is 2000 Pro up todate too.

P.S. I've unistalled Nero and reinstalled and still does it. Plus it's not a bad batch on disc. I'm using the same batch that I was using when it worked fine.

|MaguS|
06-27-06, 05:25 AM
So your able to burn the DVD but when you go to read the burned data it comes up blank or unreadable? Have yuo tried other software? I know I had some trouble with playback on discs burned with Nero in the past.

What exactly are you tring to burn aswell? If your trying to make a Movie DVD it might be a back reencoding of the video files...

Airbrushkid
06-27-06, 06:41 AM
I'm burning just data to save.

ENU291
06-27-06, 07:25 AM
I had this exact same problem with the exact same drive. I would burn the data with no problem but when I went to read it my PC would stop responding. What I did to resolve this was I updated the firmware on the DVD burner and installed the latest version of Nero (7.0.8.2 I believe). After that the drive was been rock solid. Check this LINK (http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=153) out for details on flashing your firmware.

ENU291
06-27-06, 07:26 AM
Double Post. Please delete.

Airbrushkid
06-27-06, 09:53 AM
Firmware didn't help it. Whats weird is I just tried it again and burnt the same files. But before I closed Nero, I open my computer and low and behold the name I gave the disc shows on the drive. And I click the drive and open it up and it does. My files are there. But yes but. I shut down Nero and go back to my computer and doesn't show the name of the disc anymore. It doesn't even see the disc. What the hell is going on? Can someone help please?

Airbrushkid
06-28-06, 08:57 AM
Ok more info. The burner can read my DVD game disc and any cd from the game and software makers. I hope somebody know what there doing out here enough to help!! Please.

ENU291
06-28-06, 09:41 AM
The best advice I can possibly give you is to test that burner in another PC. If you encounter the same issues the drive might be bad. If not then re-install the drive into your PC, completely uninstall Nero and try another burning software app.