PDA

View Full Version : css and load balancing?

Imbroglio
06-29-06, 05:11 PM
didn't know where to put this, it is more of an sli question than a game question, but oh well, here it goes. so i picked up another 6800gt to hold me over until the dx10 solutions are out and functioning and installed flawlessly and started playing oblivion with load balancing option checked so i could make sure it was working. Both green bars filled up completely and oblivion was playing as smooth as silk. So i figured awsome, what-the-hell, next adventure. Moving onto css, the green bar is hardly there, maybe about an inch of the bar shows up while playing css and it never increases. Should i be using afr in css or some other method of sli, because atm i'm not having too much luck with this game. my fps are still in the 90's, which is what i had with a single 6800gt :(

|MaguS|
06-29-06, 05:35 PM
What resolution and settings you playing at? Make sure your not CPU limited by it. I gotta pump the resolution to 1920x1200 with 4xTMAA/16xAF and I still get easily over 100FPS.

Just realized you mentioned that you achieve the same framerate with a single card, you sure you don't have vsync enabled?