View Full Version : Devil May Cry 3 PC Special Edition

Pages : [1] 2

anticitizenzero
06-29-06, 08:56 PM
Never saw this one coming

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646535

jAkUp
06-29-06, 09:07 PM
Those might be screenshots from the console versons... but outside of higher resoultion, I don't expect much from graphics.

|MaguS|
06-30-06, 01:36 AM
Wonder how crappy the controls are on the PC, lol.

faraday
06-30-06, 05:14 AM

Hopefully you'll be able to use a gamepad.

nekrosoft13
06-30-06, 06:37 AM
releasing games like these, seems like the last poor atempt of making some money on it

Marvel_us
06-30-06, 09:05 AM
Lol, this port keeps getting pushed back. It was supposed to be out since May.

Lfctony
06-30-06, 09:33 AM
Waiting for RE4 here. I found the game to be too hard on the PS2, definitely not getting it for the PC.

Nitz Walsh
06-30-06, 10:10 AM
Waiting for RE4 here. I found the game to be too hard on the PS2, definitely not getting it for the PC.
The "Special Edition" was released later with an easier difficulty mode.

rek075
06-30-06, 10:17 AM

Nothing a DS2 with a USB adapter couldn't handle?

I'm looking forward to playing it in HD without jaggies.

raystorm
06-30-06, 10:19 AM
I played through the pc Onimusha and I took a good look at the pc Devil May Cry 3 and I must say that I am fearful of the Resident Evil 4 port. Oni 3 and DMC3 are both lazy ps2 ports and it looks like RE4 may be the same BUT...RE4 is a wonderful game and it will still be worth playing with higher res support and all the AA and AF I can muster.

nekrosoft13
06-30-06, 11:06 AM
I played through the pc Onimusha and I took a good look at the pc Devil May Cry 3 and I must say that I am fearful of the Resident Evil 4 port. Oni 3 and DMC3 are both lazy ps2 ports and it looks like RE4 may be the same BUT...RE4 is a wonderful game and it will still be worth playing with higher res support and all the AA and AF I can muster.

why does that suprise you? name one asian game that didn't have a lazy port?

|MaguS|
06-30-06, 11:53 AM
Oni isn't asian... It's made by Bungi. As for a title that isn't a lazy port, Silent Hill series has always been brought over better then the console versions.

muaddib
06-30-06, 01:55 PM
Oni isn't asian... It's made by Bungi.

I think by stating "Oni 3" he referred to Onimusha 3.

Lfctony
06-30-06, 02:03 PM
The "Special Edition" was released later with an easier difficulty mode.

I know, but I've lost interest in the game... :(

ralinn
06-30-06, 03:11 PM
DMC3 is a fantastic game. It's just a pitty it's a straight port.

You'll HAVE to have a controller to get any fun from it. This is the sprta game that should never be played on a keyboard. Infact I think anyone attempting to play it on a keyboard needs a proper spanking.

GamerGuyX
06-30-06, 05:45 PM
Oni isn't asian... It's made by Bungi.

He was referring to Onimusha genius.

ralinn
07-02-06, 11:20 AM
Anyone played this yet?

I'm trying to use it with a 360 controller but for some reason it wants to use the RIGHT stick as movement!

Madness.

I swear most PC games aren't even tested with controllers at all.

nekrosoft13
07-02-06, 11:57 AM
most PC games are not meant to be played with controller

i never expect much of a port, been suprised few times, but that a rare occasion

ThePhenome
07-02-06, 12:03 PM
Anyone played this yet?

I'm trying to use it with a 360 controller but for some reason it wants to use the RIGHT stick as movement!

Madness.

I swear most PC games aren't even tested with controllers at all.

I have thrustmaster Dual Power 3 with Thrustmapper
with this config
http://dl1.filehd.com/download.php?get=059847785

you can use your LEFT stick as movement and Right stick as Camera controller.

ralinn
07-02-06, 01:24 PM
Why would you use the right stick as movement? It's right under the action buttons! :(

Thanks anyway, I'll give it a try.

most PC games are not meant to be played with controller

i never expect much of a port, been suprised few times, but that a rare occasion
This kind of console port should be tested on controllers more then keyboards. Anyone wanting to play it on a keyboard has a screw loose.

rbej
07-02-06, 01:39 PM
used this program:

http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/ControlMKv0232.exe

and this config:

X Axis- to VK_A
X Axis+ to VK_D
Y Axis- to VK_W
Y Axis+ to VK_S

ralinn
07-02-06, 02:35 PM
Thanks.

Although it works, it feels kinda weird only being able to run in 8 directions on an analog stick :(

ThePhenome
07-02-06, 03:29 PM
Why would you use the right stick as movement? It's right under the action buttons! :(

Thanks anyway, I'll give it a try.

sorry. :eek:
my mistake!.
corrected now.

ralinn
07-02-06, 06:05 PM
Thought my bro had a thrustmaster I could use but he doesn't :(

I'm using my Xbox 360 controller at the moment. I like the controller and it would be PERFECT if only I could use the left analog stick as movement properly.

I've searched through all the DMC3 installation directory and I can't even find a config file (apart from an ini file but it's useless).

Sad thing is... I don't think it's ever going to be fixed :( I searched around the net for some solution but it's like the game doesn't even exist!

Also, how did you get the right stick working as a camera? I don't see any option in DMC allowing you to be able to bind it at all.

Shame... I really wanna play the game because it's not out in the UK (the special edition), on the PS2, until September! :thumbdwn:

betterdan
07-02-06, 08:05 PM
One question... Why might the devil cry?