PDA

View Full Version : Best Usb Optical Mouse ?


-=DVS=-
02-07-03, 12:45 PM
Lookeing for BEST USB not wireless optical mouse

Opinions and Suggestions welcome ;)

Mice will be used for playing games offcourse not office work :p

Gator
02-07-03, 01:00 PM
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. It's optical, wired, scroll, 2 standard buttons, and two programmable side buttons. MY UT2k3 config: fire, alt fire, switch weapon, select best weapon, crouch & sniper rifle

it's IDEAL for gaming

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/ie_info.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/images/ime_hero.jpg

fastguy94416
02-07-03, 03:50 PM
Logitech MX 500!

The Baron
02-07-03, 03:57 PM
MX500.

Or MX700.... it's not wireless, but it is.... :p Hence, it's the greatest mouse EVER. End of story. Quack. :D

Smokey
02-07-03, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Gator
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. It's optical, wired, scroll, 2 standard buttons, and two programmable side buttons. MY UT2k3 config: fire, alt fire, switch weapon, select best weapon, crouch & sniper rifle

it's IDEAL for gaming

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/ie_info.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/images/ime_hero.jpg
I second that, Ive still got my v.1 Intellimouse Explorer after 3+years cant beat it. I got the v.3 which Gator posted for the in-laws after they keep going through so many ball mice, and they love it, I like it also, although I like my v.1 better, bigger side buttons, better for your thumb IMO. But as with the keyboards thread, I think either MS or Logitech mice/keyboards are good. Also keep in mind that the Intellimouse Explorer is for right handed use only, left handed people should get the non explorer, also a good mouse, I bought my wife one of those :p

jAkUp
02-07-03, 04:31 PM
you cant beat the mx500. smoothest mouse available.

styles-T
02-07-03, 05:35 PM
I like the logitech mouseman dual optical..



800dpi (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&manufactory=1080&catalog=65&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1)

volt
02-07-03, 05:56 PM
I believe this is the best mouse up to date without the fancy shapes and useless crap.

http://images2.newegg.com/productimage/26-105-122-04.JPG

I've had this mouse for ~2 years or so, and it's simply amazing. Fits my hand very well, has side buttons (for gaming) and it's cheap! I would buy exactly the same mouse again.

-=DVS=-
02-07-03, 06:14 PM
Well i went for Microsoft Intelli-Mouse Explorer Version 3.0a

I was considering few mice :

I read some reviews about logitech mouseman dual optical
seems to have good ratio but drivers lacking :) 1+ 1-

Happy customers with Logitech MX700 but some had problems with batery life :rolleyes: and slight lag in some cases , but its cordless i want less trouble as possible so.. 1+ 2-

Read reviews about Microsoft Explorer v3 and found not a single complain and it comes with a cord lol :p some people say it have few times better ration then early models 1v 2v.. so i gave it 2+ 0- and made a choice ;)


THX all for suggestions :hug:

joltcola
02-08-03, 12:47 AM
Right on, I think the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer is a great mouse. I'm kind of biased due to the fact that when I started gaming, that was the mouse that I used.. well.. an older version.. much bigger.. but great for gaming in my opinion. I don't like the logitech mice in perference, but I know they hold up well and probably will last for a good amount of time. I've never hurd anything bad about the MS Intellimouse... except for them stop working after a short period of time, but just don't use it like a basketball or yank on the cord , you should be fine. have fun =)

just my .02 cents

- jolt

Smokey
02-08-03, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by joltcola
Right on, I think the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer is a great mouse. I'm kind of biased due to the fact that when I started gaming, that was the mouse that I used.. well.. an older version.. much bigger.. but great for gaming in my opinion. I don't like the logitech mice in perference, but I know they hold up well and probably will last for a good amount of time. I've never hurd anything bad about the MS Intellimouse... except for them stop working after a short period of time, but just don't use it like a basketball or yank on the cord , you should be fine. have fun =)

just my .02 cents

- jolt

Yes Ive still got v.1, the first optical mouse on the market ;) The problem was only with v.1 because of the way the cord is kinked inside the mouse. Mine did start to stop working, but after searching on google, I found out how to fix it, and its still working as it did the day I got it :thumbsup:

joltcola
02-08-03, 08:24 AM
Nothing makes you feel better, than knowing your old-school!

:afro:

-jolt

blarg
02-08-03, 08:55 PM
Well, since I'm a southpaw I tend to lean toward the more universal design. I fell in love with the MX700 then learned that it was a bigoted "rights only" mouse. I ended up buying a Logitech Mx300. It's nice a cheap and very precise! Only paid $15USD for mine. My previous favorite is the M$ Intellmouse Optical.

lagadu
02-09-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Yes Ive still got v.1, the first optical mouse on the market ;) The problem was only with v.1 because of the way the cord is kinked inside the mouse. Mine did start to stop working, but after searching on google, I found out how to fix it, and its still working as it did the day I got it :thumbsup:
lol, i killed 2 of them like that, but it happened within one year of their purchase, so i exchanged them for new ones for free :D