PDA

View Full Version : Best motherboard

UDawg
07-01-06, 12:46 PM
What is the best motherboard to get right now for dual core?

a12ctic
07-01-06, 12:52 PM
amd or intel? s939 or am2?

nV`andrew
07-01-06, 01:36 PM
i love my evga sli for free but many will flame it since its jetway or w/e but its awesome. umm a lot of people like the asus deluxe boards and stuff and of course DFI's high end boards if ur an overclocker

UDawg
07-01-06, 01:57 PM
I guess I should have asked what is the difference between 939 and am2? I have a 939 board but it is AGP and want to upgrade to PCIX so I can upgrade my vid card. I will get a 2x core later but will use my CPU for right now.

CaptNKILL
07-01-06, 02:11 PM
I guess I should have asked what is the difference between 939 and am2? I have a 939 board but it is AGP and want to upgrade to PCIX so I can upgrade my vid card. I will get a 2x core later but will use my CPU for right now.
Id say stick with socket 939 if you plan on using your current CPU in the new board. An AM2 wont really get you any new features or performance, plus you'd need to buy new RAM.

As for a board, I love my DFI Nforce 4 Ultra D. I think anything from them would be great, it just a matter of how much you want to spend and if youre into overclocking or if you ever plan on having SLI video cards.

UDawg
07-01-06, 03:26 PM
I'll get a X2 card. I don't see getting two cards as really cost benificial.

Tanks guys. I'll prolly stick with Asus since I am used to working with their bugs. :D

Neophyte
07-01-06, 03:59 PM
People that praise the DFI board, also should mention that it has a failing temp probe and a **** bios function to go with that.

I would suggest MSI K8n SLI (had one of those myself and it's a great board)

DFI is for the hardcore, that have WC setup's not having to worry about the failing temp prob in the end.

A overclocking mainboard that has temp issue's is not something i would recommend a hardcore overclocker do ^^ Not even someone that doesn't overclock couse the rpm of your cpu fan is going to drive you crazy.