PDA

View Full Version : cubes bouncing off characters when hit with Plasma gun in Doom 3

Mike89
07-03-06, 01:16 AM
This is the weirdest problem I've ever seen. When using the plasma gun and shooting someone, square cubes bounce off the characters! I'm not kidding! Looks really stupid. Only does it shooting the Plasma gun. Dam if I know what's causing this. It just started happening, never did it before. Using the 1.3 patch. Only thing I can think that I've done to Doom 3 is experiment with some sound packs. Using latest Nvidia drivers. Any ideas what the hell is going on here?

K007
07-03-06, 03:01 AM
7900 video card...i wonder...

Mike89
07-03-06, 04:29 AM
I found what it was. I had installed a sound pack called "d3 sounds and defs v1.zip". Forgot where I got it, I have tried a few sound packs for Doom 3. I liked it, especially the chaingun sounds. But, it's also got that weird deal going on with the squares bouncing off characters when using the Plasma Gun. When I took out the pk4 file, the effect went away. Weird.

leafo
07-03-06, 12:58 PM
The pack probably caused the materials that normally bounce off something when it is shot with the plasma gun to be shifted over and not be found by the game. So the game, instead of crashing, just showed plain cubes.

Has nothing to do with 7900.......