PDA

View Full Version : New whql x-fi drivers dated 7/3

randsom
07-03-06, 11:09 AM
anyone interested in new whql drivers for your x-fi head over to creatives website, they are there for manual dowwnload, not on the auto update yet.I think they are the same as the betas dated may30/06.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=1&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=1&Product_Name=X-Fi+Platinum&Product_ID=14065&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=1&x=27&y=14

Neophyte
07-03-06, 11:15 AM
anyone interested in new whql drivers for your x-fi head over to creatives website, they are there for manual dowwnload, not on the auto update yet.I think they are the same as the betas dated may30/06.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=1&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=1&Product_Name=X-Fi+Platinum&Product_ID=14065&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=1&x=27&y=14

Very nice but, does it support the Elite Pro ?

This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum and Fatal1ty installation CDs.

I think they are the same as the betas dated may30/06. I think they are too ;)

Beta: SBXF_PCDRVBETA_LB_2_09_0001
Whql:SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0001

randsom
07-03-06, 11:17 AM
cant imgine they wouldnt be supported, they all use the same core driver files, but im not sure

nekrosoft13
07-03-06, 11:17 AM
yes it does support Elite Pro

and in case anyone wonders, it supports Audigy, Audigy2, etc.. too ;)

Neophyte
07-03-06, 11:22 AM
yes it does support Elite Pro

Ahh thnx, will try them out tonight :)

*Update*

It say's i don't have the hardware these drivers need ?
Guess it doesn't work for the Elite pro :(

nekrosoft13
07-03-06, 12:26 PM
don't run the exe

extract it with winrar, inside there is drivers folder with one exe run that

wollyka
07-03-06, 12:29 PM
According to Creative: ( from their forums)
Hi everyone,
With regards to the X-Fi Elite Pro. A small bug was found in this driver that can cause a slowdown at shutdown, when you are running Cubase LE. If you do not run Cubase LE or are prepared to put up with this (minor) problem, then it is absolutely fine to install this driver for the X-Fi Elite Pro aswell. The driver team hopes to have this problem fixed soon, but I just wanted to give you all a heads up, if you want to install the driver in the meantime.
Cat

Forum Administrator
Creative Labs

skypx
07-03-06, 12:30 PM
Ahh thnx, will try them out tonight :)

*Update*

It say's i don't have the hardware these drivers need ?
Guess it doesn't work for the Elite pro :(

Yea, unfortunately the latest drivers do not support the pro version. :lame:

saturnotaku
07-03-06, 01:14 PM

I'm going to double check on this one with my Audigy eX.

nekrosoft13
07-03-06, 01:27 PM
external won't work

skypx
07-03-06, 02:12 PM
Yea, unfortunately the latest drivers do not support the pro version. :lame:

I stand corrected. The latest drivers work on the x-fi pro. Extract the .exe and install them manually. :D

saturnotaku
07-03-06, 02:22 PM
external won't work

The external Audigy was called the Extigy. Mine is the Audigy Platinum eX - PCI soundcard with external breakout box (for hooking up my Xbox 360). These drivers work just fine by extracting them and using the internal driver update program contained in the Src/Drivers folder that's created when using 7Zip.

Neophyte
07-03-06, 03:11 PM
The external Audigy was called the Extigy. Mine is the Audigy Platinum eX - PCI soundcard with external breakout box (for hooking up my Xbox 360). These drivers work just fine by extracting them and using the internal driver update program contained in the Src/Drivers folder that's created when using 7Zip.
OT: How do you like your 2005 ?
I'm really thinking on buying the 2407 or 3007 (can't decide :( )

AthlonXP1800
07-03-06, 03:13 PM
I got it installed and it worked fine with XtremeMusic card. :D

Neophyte
07-03-06, 03:15 PM
I got it installed and it worked fine with XtremeMusic card. :D
Congratz... did you had any problems before that have bin fixed now ? or didn't you had the time yet to find it out yet

AthlonXP1800
07-03-06, 03:24 PM
Congratz... did you had any problems before that have bin fixed now ? or didn't you had the time yet to find it out yet

No I dont have problem, everything fine before that. :D

Neophyte
07-03-06, 03:29 PM
No I dont have problem, everything fine before that. :D You = borg ? hahah anyway's, that's nice :D

i'm gone try the .exe winrar thingy tomorrow before it's august :p

Neophyte
07-04-06, 02:50 PM
yeah that did the trick... i have them installed... (it's not the first .exe you find in the first map)

For me ''X:\SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0001\Src\Drivers'' there you will find the correct .exe for the people that didn't know yet.

The drivers work great so far... Is it me again or does things sound better ?
Can't really tell couse my music collection is so wide with various bitrate's, but still it sounds better in my opinion.

CaptNKILL
07-04-06, 02:55 PM
Thats kind of anoying... the betas are going to expire in a couple months, forcing me to reinstall, but the officials are the same version? I have everything set just the way I like, I dont want to reinstall for nothing :|

Neophyte
07-04-06, 03:04 PM
Thats kind of anoying... the betas are going to expire in a couple months, forcing me to reinstall, but the officials are the same version? I have everything set just the way I like, I dont want to reinstall for nothing :|
Hmm i think i had something related to that when i installed the beta's

it asked me to overwrite certain things and i said no.. and i had all my settings... (dunno about custom profile's etc... but the mixer settings were the same)

Don't take this post with 100% facts...