PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here still playing Enemy Territory?

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
07-03-06, 02:29 PM
Just curious. I'm thinking about firing good ol' ET up again (alf)

a12ctic
07-03-06, 02:44 PM
ill play on occassion, theres a cool mod called true commbat, check it out

muaddib
07-03-06, 03:18 PM
I want to, but the community isn't what it used to be, at least not in my country :(

Neophyte
07-03-06, 03:39 PM
I'm still playing with the ET PRO patch !

Good servers are JUHU http://juhu.netdawn.net/4733.html (good maps, servers, players (up to 64), settings)
*ofcourse you can just browse between servers, but this is the server network i sit on most myself*
Only minor thing is it's a german server ^^ but it's internet so lot's of diffrent people on.

ET is the best free online FPS game there is.... fast paced, lot's of stuff to do etc..:)

Get ET and ET PRO Set filter in ET to show PRO servers only, and your good to go... (has stuff like hitsounds etc... just better then the original) Also when you join a server or trying to, make sure you have auto-download enabled.

http://etpro.anime.net/

Gaco
07-03-06, 04:58 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between ordinary ET and ET Pro?

johnkeel105
07-03-06, 05:13 PM
Pro is the competition mod for the game. It makes some changes for more competitive gameplay.

Gaco
07-03-06, 07:36 PM
How? =)

pingu2
07-04-06, 04:16 AM
et pro fixes a lot of bugs and balances a few things out (classes/weapons/maps) - i would never play without it! Too much to mention - read about it here -> http://etpro.anime.net/index.html

although I am currently not playing ET - I'm really waiting for Quake Wars now - hoping for more of that gooey goodness!

Gaco
07-04-06, 04:37 AM
Ok it all sounds pretty good to me. A lot of bug fixed there as well :)

I'm waiting anxiously for Quake Wars as well but I must say ET can still hold it's own. Performance in ET is obviously superb; even and old rig like mine 3ghz, 1gb ram, 6800gt can do maxed out 1280*1024 4XAA 16XAF vertical sync with constant 90 FPS. The netcode is really optimized as well so you never feel like it's unfair when you die. Classes, weapons, skills, rewards, ranks, stats, medals, GAMEPLAY is just perfect. I really hope for Quake Wars that it's not just a "Quakarized BF2" but all the things that made ET gets carried over :)

flukester
07-04-06, 10:37 AM
Haven't touched this game in years. Was gungho for it when it came out but it got really boring and I moved onto other things. I too am looking forward to Quake Wars.

de><ta
07-04-06, 11:16 AM
Get True Combat Elite for ET. Its a bloody nice mod pity the dev teams been at it for a while now...

Sazar
07-04-06, 12:14 PM
I used to play this before, used to kick some ass with some of the other lads on nvnews.

I believe Glowstick still plays, or was playing till very recently.

Son Goku
07-04-06, 03:38 PM
I haven't loaded it on my HD in ages...

Gaco
07-04-06, 03:56 PM
If anybody's up for a little teamplay, a temporary clan or whatever, I'm in.. I have been playing it pretty non stop for the last 9 hours and I'm in top form now :D

Gaco
07-05-06, 01:02 PM
Nobody? Allright then =/

Anyway just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a bug in ET. Nearly every server uses ET Pro, but there is a bug in ET with ET Pro activated. The icons on the command map (when you press G) disappears, which is a great annoyance and renders the mortar completely unusable. After quite a bit of diagnosis I have found that the latest Forceware driver ****s it up. Dont use the 9X.XX drivers for ET, roll back to say the 85.96: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72896 - worked for me.

fugu_fish
07-05-06, 02:31 PM
I've been playing a lot of ET lately. Mostly on the nOObers XP Forever server.
Good ping and none of that double jump crap. :)
It runs great on my 7950GX2! (kidding). It's still a great game.

Gaco
07-05-06, 03:23 PM
Is the server called N00bers XP forever? I should be able to find it in the browser then.. I usally only play campaigns, is it a campaign server? Is your nick fugu fish in ET as well?

Imbroglio
07-05-06, 04:49 PM
well, a lot of the hardcore/competition community has moved away from ET becaues bani and company gave up on etpro. Punkbuster never updated any known cheats and they got tired of keeping up with IAC (ikkyo anti-cheat). So curtousy of all the lamers out there, they ditched the project.... gotta love fuktards, nothing like destroying a community

Gaco
07-05-06, 05:10 PM
Sure I did experience cheating twice in my 3-day extensive ET gaming, but everytime an admin kicked or the power of the people got him off.. Anyway it's not THAT big of a problem I think because most servers has some settings enabled that means you won't be able to play if you playerid tag is too new - in other words you must have been playing with the same nick most often in a few days to up to 10 days before you're allowed access to the server. This means that cheaters (who are changing nicks all the time, it's a part of their cheating method) can't play on these servers.

To begin with I was naturally limited to the cheating servers (which wasn't that bad actually) but now I'm beginning to play on the good ones. I have 3-4 in my favorites that I play on all the time, no cheating there. It's hard to believe that the whole community is dead when you see hundreds of hundreds of servers in the serverbrowser still. But granted, it's gonna be much emptied out when Quake Wars arrives if it nails it ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
07-05-06, 07:45 PM
I used to play this before, used to kick some ass with some of the other lads on nvnews.

I believe Glowstick still plays, or was playing till very recently.

Hey man, we should get a game going sometime like the old days :D

Gaco
07-05-06, 08:19 PM
Damn I eat my words.. Cheating is actually a moderate problem. Damn :(

Bad_Boy
07-05-06, 09:41 PM
I find it harder and harder to get a great ET server these days, any specific ones you guys play on?

Sazar
07-05-06, 10:29 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']Hey man, we should get a game going sometime like the old days :D

Yah we played ET together a few times didn't we :D

Pwnage buddy, pwnage ;)

Gaco
07-06-06, 04:24 AM
Hey lets make a 1337 killer trio :super:

fugu_fish
07-06-06, 07:23 AM
Is the server called N00bers XP forever? I should be able to find it in the browser then.. I usally only play campaigns, is it a campaign server? Is your nick fugu fish in ET as well?

That's the one. The server name is all pink I believe and run by the WSS clan. It plays a campaign, including cathedral and the beach assault map from the RTCW demo. It must be on the East Coast because I ping <40ms plus the server runs great with 40 players. I use Fugufish as my nick.

I have not seen any cheating there so far. It usually has an active admin because people get kicked constantly..