PDA

View Full Version : Tidewater Plus and 7950 GX2

Blacklash
07-03-06, 09:15 PM
This will work on the GX2, as in there is enough room, yes? Anyone have one?

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-98

|MaguS|
07-03-06, 09:42 PM
It might work if you can figure out how to attach the middle core to the block.

heatlesssun
07-03-06, 09:49 PM
I guess this will work if you have only one 7950GX2. The block looks thin enough to fit between the PCB.

However, for QUAD-SLI you would have room for two of this in a convential case.

Looks like a lot of trouble for not much gain.

Blacklash
07-03-06, 11:00 PM
I guess this will work if you have only one 7950GX2. The block looks thin enough to fit between the PCB.

However, for QUAD-SLI you would have room for two of this in a convential case.

Looks like a lot of trouble for not much gain.

I game at only 1600x, so quad SLi is a huge waste for me. I may give the Tidewater plus a whirl down the line. I am in the process of making my conroe ready rig, which the 7950 GX2 will be part of. I ordered a black antec P180 to put it all in. Hope I like that case.

heatlesssun
07-03-06, 11:43 PM
I game at only 1600x, so quad SLi is a huge waste for me. I may give the Tidewater plus a whirl down the line. I am in the process of making my conroe ready rig, which the 7950 GX2 will be part of. I ordered a black antec P180 to put it all in. Hope I like that case.

I have the steel finish P180 and it is a great case, I think that you'll be happy with it.

My biggest issue with it was fact that I have two GPU's and I put my hard drives in the bottom. I don't know if they've changed this since I got my P180, but there's not enough holes to easily run cabling through if you've got two GPU's because the one of the GPU's covers up a lot of the cabling hole from the bottom, which is where the power supply goes as well.

Don't worry, it can be done, but this is not a great case if you are a neat freak with wiring, which I'm not.