PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me what the difference is between these 2 BFG 6800 GT OC cards is?

Airbrushkid
07-04-06, 09:53 AM
Yes I know they have different heatsinkd and fans. But is there any other difference??

Card 1

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/nbody/gt_card.jpg

Card 2

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/nbody/card_front1.jpg

Delbert
07-04-06, 09:57 AM
Do you want to borrow my glasses ?

Edit:- sorry could not resist. Serioulsy though, the top card has the NVidia reference cooler on it, the bottom one has the BFG dual fan cooler with blue led's,,, just like mine:D Some say the refernce cooler is best, but the dual fan one seems to keep my card cool. Both cards are probably clocked the same.

Airbrushkid
07-04-06, 10:00 AM
Well thats helpful. I said they have different fan and heatsink setup. And one's blue and the other is green. But performance wise?

Do you want to borrow my glasses ?

Delbert
07-04-06, 10:08 AM
Sry Rar.... both cards will be the same performance wise. the only thing that might change will be the overclock you might get. I get 425/1150 out of the blue one, still with reasonable temps.
Just out of curiousity, what price do they go for nowadays ?

Airbrushkid
07-04-06, 10:19 AM
I found one for $140.00 and was curious about it. My friend has the blue one. I was planning on changing the stock cooler out and put a Zalman on it.

ynnek
07-05-06, 06:50 PM
I had the green one.. and after an RMA, I now have a blue one.

I really can't tell the difference... No, I never tried OCing them.

StoNer
07-05-06, 07:34 PM
I had the blue one, one day the temps shot thru the roof so I turned off my pc as quickly as possible and opened the case to find that one of the mounting screws had somehow shot off (spring loaded :D) and bounced around my case.

So I RMA'd it and I recieved a green one with the ref cooler. It stays about 5-10c cooler than my blue one did so im happy.

ViN86
07-05-06, 09:02 PM
no difference performance wise. i used to own the blue one, sweet card. hit ultra clocks easily. i never had a problem with overheating on mine.