PDA

View Full Version : Where in Chorrel do you find Athagar??

Doctorwho
07-04-06, 09:05 PM
Ok, maybe Im blind, but I even bought the game clue book about this but....

I cannot find in Gods green earth, this Athagar character in Chorrel to buy the shock spell.

I searched the ENTIRE mage guild in Chorrel to no avail. The damn @#$#@ clue pos book tells me hes in a guild foyer?????? What is a guild foyer? Theres a guy named Atagar or somethin like that, but he doesnt sell anything.

I did a search online on google and came across a thread in another forum stating hes in the guild building, but hes NOT. Unless this is a MAJOR glitch, I dont know where hes at.

Can anyone help me in locating where I can buy the shock spell??

Thanks

|MaguS|
07-04-06, 09:08 PM
He might leave the guild, NPCs don't just stand around... Check if he owns a home... if he does he might be there...

Doctorwho
07-04-06, 11:05 PM
He might leave the guild, NPCs don't just stand around... Check if he owns a home... if he does he might be there...

Unfortunetely, he doesnt have a house....

Ive roamed around in that stupid guild building now for a day and 1/2 and NO Athagar.

Has anyone else had trouble locating him??

Rytr
07-04-06, 11:14 PM
Have not played in several weeks but I do remember that not every time you meet a Guild member Chorrel will they offer to sell something.

Doctorwho
07-05-06, 12:04 AM
Have not played in several weeks but I do remember that not every time you meet a Guild member Chorrel will they offer to sell something.

Well, if thats the case, wouldnt you think the clue book would mention this? Idk, Im starting to think its a glitch somewhere.

Because the book in the quest where you cast shock on the piller in the recommendation quest for the Mages Guild specifically states that if you DONT have the shock spell, you can "purchase" it from Agathar in the guilds foyer.

But in the guild, theres NO Agathar. Theres a Athragar, but no Agathar to what the clue book claims is.....

I even looked in the clue book under Chorrels map, and no where in the map is there a house that has this Agathars name in, and the city doesnt even mention anyone by that name, which mind boggles me.

Doctorwho
07-05-06, 12:31 AM
Well, I discovered that shocking touch does the trick for the quest, so problem solved........................some what.

But yah, the clue book has a flaw Ive learned in the Chorrel recommendation quest for the Mages Guild.

Theres no such npc called Agathar who sells the Shock spell. Just an FYI for those playing a mage.

Just use shocking touch which CAN be purchased at the guild.

Rytr
07-05-06, 06:30 AM
Thanks for posting the solution.