PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Problem with 91.33

RavenX
07-04-06, 11:09 PM
Before I explain my problem, I want to say that I have searched the forums and still haven't found an answer, so here goes.

I just installed the latest drivers (91.33) and everything works fine except when I watch videos in wmp, everything seems really dark. I went into the color correction settings of my card, set the desktop brightness to my liking which stays set to that after I hit apply and close out. I do the same with the overlay settings and click apply while a movie is playing and it becomes bright like I want it to. Then I close out of my video card settings and finish watching the movie. Everything seems fine, but once I close out of the video and open it back up again, the video is dark. So I go back and open up the color correction and without touching anything, the video go back to the brightness I want.

It sucks to open up the color correction option each time I want to watch a movie. I thought that when I click on apply, it should stay like that and not reset each time?

I also tried the color changes set to all and that doesn't work out well either.

squall_leonhart
07-04-06, 11:26 PM
are you using the old cp or new cp?

RavenX
07-04-06, 11:45 PM
the old one. Would the new one make any difference?

squall_leonhart
07-05-06, 12:27 AM
no, im just getting a grasp on what setting your using.

try switching to the new cp and then back, then try applying the brightness settings.

RavenX
07-05-06, 12:40 AM
yeah I tried the new and old cp. The problem is when I set my brightness in overlay setting while a video is playing, it will turn bright, but once I close out of the overlay setting and close out of the video and then back into the video, it goes back to dark. Even after I hit apply. Its like it only goes bright in the video when I open the overlay settings again.

squall_leonhart
07-05-06, 12:54 AM
actually.. i believe i had this bug once, and it had been fixed since then.

wierd.

report it in the sticked thread and superfly will have it looked into.. remember to post your DxDiag log as well

Superfly
07-05-06, 03:53 AM
yeah I tried the new and old cp. The problem is when I set my brightness in overlay setting while a video is playing, it will turn bright, but once I close out of the overlay setting and close out of the video and then back into the video, it goes back to dark. Even after I hit apply. Its like it only goes bright in the video when I open the overlay settings again.

So the brightness setting does'nt stick after closing the CP?, I normally stay away from video playback problems (because I dont watch video's myself) but if you put your dxdiag up for me I'll log it for you.

Just to confirm what was the last driver you used that worked properly for you?

thanks.

SLippe
07-05-06, 08:09 AM
RavenX, do you have WMP set to use Overlays in the Performance tab under Advanced? And which version of WMP are you using?

rewt
07-05-06, 10:15 AM
Something else may be overriding the colors that you set on the color correction tab. A similar thing happens on my PC. When I open up the color correction panel while watching a movie, settings get applied immediately.. It has been this way for a long time and happens with every Forceware driver I've used.

To prevent this problem I adjust overlay settings elsewhere, such as in the PureVideo decoder or Media Player itself.

RavenX
07-05-06, 10:17 AM
RavenX, do you have WMP set to use Overlays in the Performance tab under Advanced? And which version of WMP are you using?

Okay guys, I have WMP 10 and went into Advanced under the Performance tab and unchecked the "Use Overlays" checkbox under Video acceleration. Thx again.

rewt
07-05-06, 10:26 AM
Do you get higher CPU usage now with overlay disabled?

Superfly
07-05-06, 10:28 AM
all sorted?? - good job.

ttfn.

rewt
07-05-06, 10:33 AM
VMR has always sorted out this problem. Unfortunately it does appear to increase CPU usage and disable color controls.

Superfly
07-05-06, 10:35 AM
Anything I can do please let me know.

RavenX
07-05-06, 11:28 AM
yes I do get a bit higher cpu usage, but nothing too much that I can notice. Thanks again for the help.