PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake (X360/PC) New Screens

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
07-05-06, 09:15 AM
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35261&mode=thread&order=0

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/949/alanwake0205kn.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4129/alanwake0219ea.jpg

Although screens look impressive , it looks to me that the game is still too far away from completion since they dont show any real-time gameplay elements .. just some nice scenes :|

Superfly
07-05-06, 09:21 AM
yeh these are pointless and tell us nothing about the in game visuals, wake me when its out.

(wake me) hehe

anticitizenzero
07-05-06, 12:19 PM
What type of game exactly is this?

agentkay
07-05-06, 12:44 PM
3rd person horror/action/adventure, IIRC.

Mr_LoL
07-05-06, 12:52 PM
I really do hope the game looks as good as those screens when it comes out. Shame its not coming out for the PS3.

grey_1
07-05-06, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the screens. When I first read about this game a while back, this is another title they're saying will have an absolutely huge gameworld you can roam pretty freely around, rather than linear with a bunch of levels.

BioHazZarD
07-05-06, 01:27 PM
Is this game coming to Vista only ?

K007
07-05-06, 01:31 PM
Is this game coming to Vista only ?

Thats a good question..i hope not.

Daydre@m
07-05-06, 01:38 PM
I am afraid its true :-

I'll confirm that Alan Wake is Vista and 360 exclusive. I know some people have reacted strongly to that, but for us this was one of the key decisions that will allow us to create the best possible game.

We've locked this down a while ago, and being able to focus on fewer platforms means that the game is going to kick more ass than ever before. By going with Vista, we don't have to compromise everything to the lowest common PC denominator and since we're not doing a PS3 version we can go all out with PC and 360 multithreading, HDR rendering etc. This focus benefits the tech and game design immensely.

We're really sorry if some end up missing the game because of our platform choice, but in the end of the day we *must* base our decisions on what will let us create the best possible game. That's just how Remedy as a team works: we're passionate about creating something unique. Alan Wake is still our IP and we drive the creative control, but working with Microsoft gives us unprecedented levels of development support, testing resources and so on.

But... as they say, the proof is in the pudding. You guys are going to be the best judges on whether the calls we've made have been the right ones. We haven't really shown anything on what we've been up to in the past year. Once we do, it'll be up to you to see whether our work has been worthwhile.

petri järvilehto - creative director - remedy

Source : Official Alan Wake Forums

http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15176&postcount=80

slick
07-05-06, 03:13 PM
That water is delicious.

CaptNKILL
07-05-06, 03:16 PM
So... do we even have any idea what this game looks or plays like? All I've seen are pictures of sunsets, water and a few people.

The trailer was cool, but it was the same thing.

Zelda_fan
07-05-06, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the trailer was realtime footage.

CaptNKILL
07-05-06, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the trailer was realtime footage.
Yeah, but I dont remember seeing any actual gameplay. It just looked like in-engine cut scenes. It looked amazing graphically, but for how much hype is around this game, you'd think we would know what the actual gameplay is like.

It could be like myst, it could be like resident evil, it could be like tomb raider, it could be like FEAR, it could be like max payne... who knows? :p

Subtestube
07-05-06, 03:48 PM
I think they're trying to keep the gameplay as secret as possible as long as possible - this game is supposed to be a psychological thriller. How do you even do that genre in a game? But I have faith in Remedy. Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are 2 of my favourite games ever, and its mainly because of this game that I'm likely to buy Vista when it launches.

H3avyM3tal
07-05-06, 05:47 PM
It was also announced for the ps3 as well at first right? Why did they canceld it than? Or was it never announced for the ps3 in the first place? I loved the trailers myself, they had a bit of silent hill tension to them.

SH64
07-05-06, 05:52 PM
I dont think i've ever heard about Alan Wake being announced for PS3.

H3avyM3tal
07-05-06, 05:59 PM
Wierd... it was on th ps3 section on gamspot... damn shame...

Mr. Hunt
07-05-06, 06:33 PM
It was coming to PS3 originally, but the publisher dropped out I think, and now Microsoft is publishing it... so obviously it isn't going to PS3 now.

K007
07-05-06, 09:46 PM
Gee..another Vista only game..I'll probably upgrade to Vista after 2-3 months of it bieng released but making it vista only is kinda silly..whats next..this game is only going to work on dx10 hardware?

Vista is gonna help games via DX10..if the game uses DX9 as well then i see no reason to make it Vista only unless M$ paid them alot of cash to do it.

|MaguS|
07-05-06, 09:53 PM
I think the gameplay is suppose to be like Alone in the Dark minus the monsters.

jAkUp
07-05-06, 09:55 PM
I think they're trying to keep the gameplay as secret as possible as long as possible - this game is supposed to be a psychological thriller. How do you even do that genre in a game? But I have faith in Remedy. Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are 2 of my favourite games ever, and its mainly because of this game that I'm likely to buy Vista when it launches.
I saw actual gameplay a few years back.

It is 3rd person, you can drive cars and stuff, its a very open game... kinda like GTA.

They didn't reveal much, but the graphics were amazing.

msxyz
07-06-06, 03:46 AM
I'm not going to upgrade to Vista for gaming. **** those titles which are Vista only.

It took me already a lot of time to mod windows XP into a decent OS with a small memory footprint and all the crap taken out. I'm not going to jump the ship for an OS which offers nothing in terms of innovation (all the heralded features like the new, more robust file system got cut out) but only a fancier graphic interface and more unwanted software from Microsoft.

Superfly
07-06-06, 03:51 AM
I'll jump to Vista the moment it goes live, but that silly old me for ya!!!!!!!

Belarnion
07-06-06, 04:44 AM
Heh, Vista will be the first OS i buy. Looking really forward to tweaking it. :)

muaddib
07-06-06, 06:45 AM
Wow, amazing screens. If the trailer is anything to go by, this game's gonna be scary.