PDA

View Full Version : Can't hide notification tray icon

Arch Stanton
07-05-06, 10:03 PM
I can't seem to hide the notification tray icon. I unchecked "Show Notification Tray Icon" in the NVIDIA Control Panel, but it keeps coming back. I'm using the latest drivers (91.33).

Stevedroid
07-05-06, 11:08 PM
I've had the same problem with the new control panel. Switch the old one and disable it there; it should stick then.

Arch Stanton
08-31-06, 06:45 AM
Is there a solution to this? I tried everything (Classic and New Control Panel), but it just keeps coming back (91.31).

rflair
08-31-06, 07:34 AM
There's already like 2 dozen messages about this, if you had searched you would have the answer, its a bug in 91.31.

jolancer
08-31-06, 10:11 AM
am i wrong in assuming that all such settings can probably be forced threw NVs registry settings? just like how you can disable the sli popup with the reg tweak, or enable coolbits.

someone with the proper nowledge could provide everyone with a reg tweak to permantly disable the NV Tray pannel and Context menus? no?

rewt
08-31-06, 06:18 PM
Yeah, in fact we already did that at laptopvideo2go. Modded installation files and NVTweak/Coolbits3D can already customize or turn off the context menu.

Why not just update your drivers to get rid of the bug? Then simply disable the tray icon thru either control panel.. It is really that simple.

jolancer
08-31-06, 07:16 PM
I would, but my common sence tells me that the beta's are not turned into offical releases for a reason, and if there not fully tested/unstable/ or lower performance, then thats not a update IMO that would be a downdate.

...like i said im not one who wonts to go threw any driver marygoround... and yea i do already know that Beta's can be better then the previouse releases, but im not a tester or a gambler. i dont mind waiting for offical releases.

ima try Hase1's regedit option, posted in the other thread, see if that works.

rewt
08-31-06, 07:22 PM
Common sense tells me, that when this sort of bug makes it into an official release, and people keep wondering what the heck is going on with the tray icon, those drivers weren't tested any more than 99% of the betas out there.

In my mind, new features and bug fixes are an update, not downgrade.