PDA

View Full Version : I need help

ShaT
07-05-06, 10:09 PM
I just got a new mobo and 7900 GT today and its been nothing but a problem. I cant install the drivers for the video card. If I use the drivers on the ASUS disc, I get a BSOD on reboot talking about errors with nv4_mini.sys. I uninstalled those in safe mode and downloaded the last 3 drivers from the nvidia website. On each of those attempts at installing the drivers, everything goes fine during the install thing. But then when I reboot, the drivers are not installed. Windows still pops up a wizard for new hardware "VGA Video Controller". The folder exists where the drivers were installed to, and if I direct the wizard to that folder, it starts installing, finishes and tells me that the installation was not successful with the error message "The parameter is incorrect". Can someone please help me with this. Ive tried reinstalling windows, I've gone into the registry to give all profiles 'Full Control', and nothing seems to work.

Airbrushkid
07-05-06, 10:45 PM
Can you supply more info like the make of the motherboard and what bios ver.? What make card?

ShaT
07-05-06, 10:49 PM
Giga-Byte GA-K8NE mobo
Asus EN7900GT TOP
BIOS Award 6

K007
07-05-06, 11:04 PM
Logged in as admin?