PDA

View Full Version : Question about VIVO

gfx
08-14-02, 05:09 PM
If you use s-video out on the vtek geforce 4 ti 4600 and record it using a VCR, how exactly would you get it back onto the computer? On the box from visiontek it says 'record yourself gaming [on a VCR] and port it back to the computer', but how exactly do you get it back? ;D

------------
gfx
http://www.sector-gfx.com

GoldenTiger
08-14-02, 07:57 PM
Use video capture software like virtual dub to record it back using the video in port.

gfx
08-14-02, 08:28 PM
I assume my tv has to have s-video out then?

monkeydust
08-14-02, 08:36 PM
Yes, gfx (or component out). My Gainward Geforce 4600 can take either signal and pump it into my video card.

As GoldenTiger said, Virtual Dub is a good choice for importing video signal. See - http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

DoinkyBottoms
08-17-02, 01:25 AM
My evga ti4400 came with a splitter that plugs into the card's VIVO port and allows the use of a regular phono type cord that most modern TVs have standard. I can go in/out backwards and forwards. It rocks. Did yours have that kind of thing? I have three of those splitters so if they would work on a visiontek I would happily part with one.

john19055
08-17-02, 11:16 AM
How does the sound record with the spliter my just has a video in and out, but what do I use to get the sound to play,do I come off my sound card to the VCR or is there a splitter thats hooks up to the G.F.4 that has all three conections.

DoinkyBottoms
08-17-02, 06:31 PM
I have another cord that converts the soundcard stereo jack to two phono type jacks. I wish I knew what those were called... Then it connects the line out of the soundcard and the line in of the TV or VCR. You can buy one at Wal-Mart or similar. What soundcard do you have? How many and what kinds of ports does it have?

By the way, make sure your drivers (detonators) support video-out and you have the WDM capture drivers installed. I know that some beta dets don't support video out.