PDA

View Full Version : Triple monitor display...

edomingox
07-06-06, 07:25 PM
Anyone have this yet? I just ordered 2 more 19" LCD monitors and the Matrox Triplehead2Go adapter to see how it works. I'm more interested in how it works for Oblivion. I will be using it for all my other games too, but I would like any input from those who may already have it. Or once I get it I suppose I can post my feedback.

a12ctic
07-06-06, 07:47 PM
i sure do hope you have a beefy video card :)

CaptNKILL
07-06-06, 08:52 PM
Yeah thats going to be hell on your video card unless you run at a pretty weak resolution.

It will probably work through some oblivion.ini tweaks though.

edomingox
07-06-06, 11:46 PM
my system:

AMD 4000
2GB RAM
GeForce 7800 GTX

i'll be working on getting that GeForce 7950 next.

spoop
07-07-06, 01:33 AM
Don't you mean, two 7950's? You will need them...:)

CaptNKILL
07-07-06, 02:05 AM
Yeah unless you run each screen at like 800x600 (2400x600 total), youre going to get pretty horrible performance.

Hopefully a 7950 will be enough.

msxyz
07-07-06, 03:13 AM
Anyone tried the asrock P4dual (PCI-e + AGP) with its built-in support for 5 monitors ? (4 on the videocards, one on the IGP)

I've one of that babies loose running around but don't have 5 monitors to hook it up. :D

I wonder how the Intel IGP will run Oblivion, maybe I'll give a try if I'm bored enough to put a system together just for fun :lol:

spoop
07-07-06, 10:48 PM
Anyone tried the asrock P4dual (PCI-e + AGP) with its built-in support for 5 monitors ? (4 on the videocards, one on the IGP)

I've one of that babies loose running around but don't have 5 monitors to hook it up. :D

I wonder how the Intel IGP will run Oblivion, maybe I'll give a try if I'm bored enough to put a system together just for fun :lol:

You can't run one game stretched across 5 monitors connected to different video cards. The Matrox TripleHead only works because it tricks the video card into thinking that the three monitors are only one big one.

edomingox
07-15-06, 10:55 PM
Well, I got the tripleHead and it works fine. I get a decent performance out of it. Of course, outdoors it's kind of slow but there is no slow down when I'm indoors.

The problem with the tripleHead is that it really depends on the game for the tripleHead to be of any use. It says that UT2004 works on it. It does. But the problem is that you would think it would expand your vision but it doesn't. What it does is it stretches the screen across all 3 monitors. I get the same vision across 3 monitors as i did with a single monitor. So, you MUST have an aspect ration of 16:9 and not 4:3 for you to get the extended vision. So, I'll be playing UT2004 on a single screen from now on. The only games that seem to benefit, that I have, are Half Life 2 and Oblivion. I haven't tried FEAR yet, but I will. Farcry does not help. UT2004 does not help. I would suspect that developers may start programming widescreen resolutions in the future. That is when this tripleHead will be useful.