PDA

View Full Version : Official nForce Driver 6.86 x32/x64 (7/7/06)

Pages : [1] 2 3

garikfox
07-07-06, 02:33 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_6.86.html

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/standalone/6.86/

WHQL driver package for nForce4 AMD, nForce4 Intel, nForce4 Intel SLI Edition, nForce4 AMD/Intel X16 motherboards.

Audio Driver (v4.65) "WHQL"
Audio Utility (v4.51)
Ethernet Driver (v50.25) "WHQL"
Network Management Tools (v50.19)
SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL"
Installer (v4.89)
WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.63)

All of the previous drivers must be completely uninstalled before attempting to upgrade to these driver versions.

squall_leonhart
07-07-06, 03:01 PM
apparently the audio drivers in this have the same problems as the vista audio drivers...

only has 10 primary hardware buggers instead of 52 as the nforce audio is supposed to have...

rewt
07-07-06, 04:01 PM
Thanks garikfox. Installing now :)

EDIT - It appears the new audio driver doesn't install on my system :thumbdwn: (unless I force it via device manager)

Weren't they attempting to create one package compatible with various systems? If so, looks like they made a mistake. Now I need two installers instead of one.

Perhaps a inf mod is now in order.

K007
07-07-06, 05:05 PM
Only audio driver new? If so i dont wanna try it ><

nippyjun
07-07-06, 05:31 PM
It's strange that Nvidia seems to have taken the Nforce5 drivers off their site.

garikfox
07-07-06, 06:48 PM
There still there. Just the FTP is down again it seems.

garikfox
07-07-06, 06:51 PM

Why would u use nVidia anyway that is Not acceptable in the computer world, lol

Only AC'97 Audio which just came out with a new driver also today ! Version 3.90

ftp://61.56.86.122/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A390.exe

Thats what all A8N* users should be using Only ! :D (nana2)

garikfox
07-07-06, 06:52 PM

No, New drivers are the Ethernet, IDE, and SMBUS.

SMBUS to a Amazing 4.57 ! (nana2)

grey_1
07-07-06, 07:14 PM
Thanks for posting this, been wondering when they'de be updated.

shungokusatsu
07-07-06, 07:18 PM
Finally, they haven't been updated since Feb. Installing now.

K007
07-07-06, 10:16 PM
Well i am re-formating my computer and doing full installtion again. Will report back. As long as nothing screws up i would be happy because i have been waiting to get my new pc back for over 12 days lol...**** pc store installed crap so hopefully all good.

garikfox
07-07-06, 11:01 PM
FYI to All !! - A Clean Install is almost mandatory !

(Since I do this all the time takes me only mins. with my x64.)

But Indeed your all best luck is too Clean Install. (nana2)

K007
07-08-06, 12:26 AM
Just finished installing all the updates for XP/Drivers. Now going to install the games.

Also the link onto is for x64XP..i downloaded these before and after format tried installing and was wondering why wont it install the drivers -.-

PS:ZApro eats **** loads of memory..NI05 dosent eat alot of memory but adds alot of resouces..very annoying.

edit: tried it out, seems ok, no problem so far. Installing all other games now, so this is gonna be awhile. Ran 3dmark06 once and notice that you have to have cpu tests enable to get the 3dmark score and i hate that test so i didnt bother running it again.

VST (CS:S) = 168FPS with HQ/Trans AA

garikfox
07-08-06, 01:43 AM
Ohh have u all met my new friend ? ,LoL (pirate)

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/Setup.exe

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core or multiple processor systems.

Works Great !!

Tikimotel
07-08-06, 03:46 AM
win2k/xp international drivers, the UK site seems to work fine.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce_nf4_win2k_6.86_uk.html

rewt
07-08-06, 12:29 PM
Why would u use nVidia anyway that is Not acceptable in the computer world, lol

nVidia drivers have been found to use less CPU, and provide better speed in games. The Realtek drivers do sound a little better, but I have chosen performance over sound quality.

I just modded the INF to work with my system. Much much faster than clean install and it works.

squall_leonhart
07-08-06, 12:31 PM
No, New drivers are the Ethernet, IDE, and SMBUS.

SMBUS to a Amazing 4.57 ! (nana2)

its most like your a concurrent update probably nothing new in the smbus inf, just updated date.... and version

pharma
07-08-06, 12:45 PM
These are by far the best working with my DFI Expert, extremely stable. Keepers for sure!

Pharma

Digital_Trans
07-08-06, 04:37 PM
Sweet! I've been looking forward to this for a really long time. :D

Xophile
07-08-06, 04:42 PM
Rapidshare link for those who´s having slow speeds:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25318401/6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql.exe.html

SLippe
07-09-06, 02:52 AM
So, to install these I have to completely uninstall all nVidia drivers except Display? If I do that and I have to Install the RAID drivers again, can I update those with these?

Superfly
07-09-06, 03:06 AM
So, to install these I have to completely uninstall all nVidia drivers except Display? If I do that and I have to Install the RAID drivers again, can I update those with these?

Be careful when/if you remove the old drivers first, I was asked for my windows CD and being the silly muppet I am I did'nt bother - just rebooted to be greated by a BSOD.......

I had to use "last known good" to save my Windows install.

SLippe
07-09-06, 03:16 AM
Be careful when/if you remove the old drivers first, I was asked for my windows CD and being the silly muppet I am I did'nt bother - just rebooted to be greated by a BSOD.......

I had to use "last known good" to save my Windows install.
Well, I'm using that 9.13 set. So should I just install these and tell it yes, I want to use the older driver or are these newer than what is in that remix 9.13?

MikeC
07-09-06, 07:48 AM
It's strange that Nvidia seems to have taken the Nforce5 drivers off their site.

The beta nForce5 drivers that were posted at nZone are no longer available. Official WHQL drivers were released on June 28 for Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows XP Professional x64.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf5_archive.html

mon
07-09-06, 09:01 AM
this is for the A8N32-SLI Deluxe yes?