PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes freezing with Multiple CPU/Core set to yes

Mike89
07-08-06, 11:11 AM
Anyone having problems with dual core systems where when setting the game setting, "Multiple CPU/Core" to "Yes", cuscenes are freezing? Right at the beginning when the ships start to fly by the game just freezes. Also during the game, some cutscenes also freeze. If I change that setting to "No", this does not happen. I am running the AMD drivers 1.32, AMD Dual Core Optimizer, and the Windows XP Dual Core Hotfix.

chadashcroft22
07-08-06, 11:23 AM
Yes, I have the exact same issue in the exact same spot. Bsod that restarded my computer. I hope they patch it to fix the remaining bugs soon.

Mike89
07-08-06, 12:46 PM
I didn't get any BSOD, the picture would just freeze and I could still hear the sound. I had to ctrl-alt-del out of it and end task in taskmanager.

I seem to have found my problem. In the Quake cfg I had the setting "seta image_useCache" set to "1". My system with Quake 4 doesn't like that setting for some reason resulting in my problems posted above. Setting it to "0" fixed that cutscene freezing problem. I had changed that to "1" reading the performance stuff on game settings. Sometimes I tweak too much and get myself in trouble.